Sunday, January 16, 2011

I'm still alive!

So, maybe it's really not been all that long.  But I feel like I haven't posted in awhile . . .

My little sisters had a friend over tonight and it was so much fun to watch them laugh, especially as they danced to reeeeaallyyy loud music in the living room.  Just before dinner, I happened to look outside and notice that there was a glorious pink sunset behind the trees in the back.  I was (and am) super tired (partially why this will be so short) because I've had a busy weekend.  First of all, I led worship for the first time ever.  My older sister Cassie and have helped lead worship for the 1st through 5th graders' kids' ministry at our church for awhile now, but we've never done it by ourselves.  Well, on Saturday, we did.  No one else was available, and so we had to actually lead by ourselves.  And I had to be the main one leading since Cassie was on her guitar and it was easier for me to move around doing keys and hand motions.  So--that was an adventure.

After church I headed over to my friend's house for a spur-of-the-moment sleepover.  We had a blast, talking in German accents the entire time, running to redbox at midnight, making fun of Zac Efron in 17 Again, staying up till 3 in the morning, and waking up too late only to lay in bed and talk.  It was marvelous.

That was a long detour from where I started.  (I warned you that I was tired.)  ANYWAY, the sunset this evening: it was lovely when I glanced outside, but by the time I called the little girls for dinner, grabbed my coat and camera, and tramped to the backyard, it was dying slowly.  I tried to get some pictures through the trees because I really didn't feel like going all the way out to the field, but it just wasn't working for me and the colors were fading.  So I stepped over to our "gray barn" (which is really more blue than gray) and tried a different focus, though you can still see the sunset back there.



And there it is.  Goodnight all.

1 comment:

  1. I must admit that worship leading is kind of scary :) Nice picture I love the odd focus :D

    ReplyDelete

Sweet comments are the best thing since sliced bread. Unkind comments are the worst thing since hamsters.

But really. Comments make me happy.