Sunday, January 9, 2011

in which I highlight random things that have occured

1. I absolutely adore the word adore.  It it so much more unique and...well--original :)--than just saying love or like.  I consider it to be "my word" since I don't hear other people use it much, and thus, you shall probably hear me use it often.  And what makes it even better is saying "I adore" in French: j'adore.  ;)

2. I adore the movie Chariots of Fire.  If you haven't ever seen it, I'm very sorry for you.  Your life must be quite pathetic.  Probably the reason I love it so much is because I grew up watching it ever since I was really little and didn't understand a thing that was going on (and that was relived last night as my little sisters constantly asked, "What's happening?  I don't understand!").  Eric Liddel has been added to my list of inspirational people--right up there with C.S. Lewis (though not quite that high...it's almost impossible for anyone else to get quite that high).

3. Despite the fact that she just had five teeth pulled two days ago, my 7-year-old sister is as witty and irrepressibly funny as ever.  Some quotes from her:

"Who needs people?  All you need is chocolate!"

-while I was having an imaginary phone conversation with a department store because Tess and I were buying new swimsuits to go to a waterpark-
department store clerk: "Will you want martini glasses with your order?"
me: "...Ha, no, I don't think so.  Well, maybe we could just use them for lemonade."
Tess: "No no no, get them!  In case the water has chemicals in it and we need to protect our eyes!"
me: "Whaaat?!"
-turns out Tess was thinking of glasses, like for your eyes, because she (thankfully) doesn't know what martini glasses are :)  ohh, I had such a laugh over that-

-during an imaginary phone conversation with Tess, who I thought was my friend Linda that I was inviting to my party-
me: "Now, this is Linda, right?"
Tess: "No, but I can take his place at the party because I know Linda and he's sick."
-Tess...Linda is a GIRL-

4. And with all that being said about the hilarity of my youngest sister, I must also say that my 9-year-old sister makes me laugh as well, though for a slightly different reason.  (Brooke is seriously one of the blondest people I know, so just keep that in mind. =P)

"When I grow up, I'm going to have six children--two boys, and two girls."
-and just how did you pass kindergarten?-

5. I've lately been having a lot of fun loading new brushes into photoshop.  It makes me happy.  Though I must say--it really frustrates me when it says, "Oh YES, these brushes will work with your version of photoshop!" ...and then, after downloading it, it doesn't.  THEY LIE.  I can just hear my computer's evil chuckle.

6. All of our Christmas decorations have officially been taken down and packed away.  Quite a grueling task, I assure you.  But it's good (though slightly sad) to have the house back to normal again.

7. Today, I went outside in the GORGEOUS new snow to trek around with the camera.  =]  I never get near as many *good* photos as I get total photos, but altogether I was quite satisfied with the result.  Here are some of my favorites . . . and perhaps I shall post more later.

this is my mailbox :)

cutest snowflake ever on my coat

my road


the funny thing about this one is that I was out taking pictures thinking "mmm...I would love to take a picture of some red berries right now." and then I was down by the mailbox, but there was a car coming, and I looked like an idiot (literally...you should have seen the get-up) so I went behind a bush and found...some red berries! it made me happy.

3 comments:

  1. 2+2 does too equal 6.
    Really, that photography was so excellent I must say "Photoshopped!!" jk, but how did you get it to turn out so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SNOWFLAKE! Eeep! <3 Haha, and your sisters are hilarious. :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I went outside the other day for a photoshoot, I looked like an absolute idiot too. So bundled up, wobbling from tree to tree laying on the ground taking pictures. ;P

    ReplyDelete

Sweet comments are the best thing since sliced bread. Unkind comments are the worst thing since hamsters.

But really. Comments make me happy.