Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Simplicity

Yes, I realize that I just posted this photo, but I am doing it again because I am now entering in a photo challenge--my very first.  ;)  The theme is "simplicity" and if this photo doesn't say exactly that, I don't know what does.  A single snowflake...so simple but so beautiful.  I had to take this at a really awkward angle since it was on my coat sleeve, but I was very pleased that the focus turned out right.  ;)




Mikayla: my life in words


**EDIT 6/1/2011**

Mhmm, a super long time later, but when I saw Kate's photo challenge prompt, I knew that this was the perfect photo.  And since I already had it posted, why not?  The theme is simple.  And so is this shot.  :)


10 comments:

  1. This picture is amazing! -Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is just lovely, the textures and contrasts make it a great composition!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely LOVE it...you should be SO happy with this!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow your shot is perfect!
    Great job.
    -
    Mikayla
    P.S. I am honored to be the first photo challenge you entered (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, I just wanted to say that I really like your blog and am now following it. And LOVELY picture! Although I don't know much about photography I'd definitely say that you have a chance! It's creative and just plain beautiful :)

    ~Elizabeth~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I thought that you just had a regular digital camera. Even with a good zoom and a good shot it would still be hard to get such detail! Or is it an SLR shot! Well, anyway a very lovely shot :)

    See ya,

    Elijah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh- that's gorgeous! The snowflake is so crisp and clear, yet you still captured the tiny-ness of it. Beautiful!

    In Christ,
    Larkin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Um, wow! How did you capture that - super wow!

    Tamar - also linking up with Kate this week.

    ReplyDelete

Sweet comments are the best thing since sliced bread. Unkind comments are the worst thing since hamsters.

But really. Comments make me happy.