Monday, February 14, 2011

I think I'm in love

Would you like to hear about the special guy?  Well, let me tell you a bit.

He's perfect, no lie.  Sometimes I wonder just how he's mine, because I honestly don't deserve him.  And I'm not just saying that.  He's in every way greater than me.

He is so good.  Often I'm selfish and near-sighted.  Never once have I known him to be.  He's always working things out for my good.  He's always teaching me.  He's always touching my heart.  I am who I am today because of him.  If it weren't for him, I could not live each day.

His heart is huge.  The enormity of his love is a mystery to me.  And to think that so much of that love belongs to me is incredible.  To think that the capacity of his love goes beyond everything I have the possibility of knowing or comparing it to is just mind-blowing.

He is so great, but so good to me--it's astounding.  He's so powerful and perfect, but he wants to know every detail about my life, every thought that flies around in my brain, every emotion that rests in my heart.  He loves me.  He loves me.  He loves me.  I can't say it enough.  How miraculous is that?

He is full of grace.  He is forgiving and merciful, even when I don't deserve to be within ten thousand miles of him begging on my knees in the dirt.  He still calls me to him, takes me in his arms, and and whispers in my ear, "I love you, no matter what.  You're mine."  And all I can do is laugh and cry and be eternally grateful for a love and grace I could never earn.

He is self-sacrificing.  Sure, anyone could make small sacrifices for people they love, but that's not what I'm talking about here.  I'm talking about life-and-death sacrifices.  I'm talking about being pulled up out of a dark mire known as my sin by a hand that has a hole in it, and knowing that he is reaching his hand down into my sin, into that very mire that hammered that hole into his palm.  I'm talking about gripping that hand and forgetting everything else because I know that I am safe, forgiven, and loved.  LOVED.  By this incredible being who I can't even begin to describe.

Oh, what's that?  You want to know his name?  The name of that special Someone who has changed my heart and life forever till "death" do us meet?  Well then.

His name is Jesus.

"For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."
Romans 8:38-39

Happy Valentines Day.  Remember, there'd be no love if it weren't for this Person.  GOD IS LOVE.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! This is so awesome and powerful! :) I know that He loves me, but sometimes I think I forget how true that statement really is...

    And every time I read one of your posts, I'm blown away by how amazing you are at writing! :) I love you and miss you dearly!

    ReplyDelete

Sweet comments are the best thing since sliced bread. Unkind comments are the worst thing since hamsters.

But really. Comments make me happy.