Wednesday, March 2, 2011

[one] One Life, That's All I Am

So there was this blog challenge thingy that a bunch of people did last month.  February was, for me, craaazy.  I knew I couldn't do it then.  (Speaking of which--it's MARCH.  What?!  Where has time gone?)  Anyway, I knew I also couldn't post every day.  Still can't.  Sorry, I'm just not that dedicated.  ;]  Soo...I'm doing it this month, but not every day.  I figured I'd do it every five days, to give myself a little breather and time to post anything else I'm randomly inspired with during the in-between times.  Also, there were only 28 things on this list (for February, obviously), so I personally added 2 more because 30 is such a nice rounded number.  Here's how it'll go (ignore the days; pretend they're just numbers).

Day 1: A favorite song.
Day 2: A favorite movie.
Day 3: A favorite book.
Day 4: A favorite television program.
Day 5: A favorite quote.
Day 6: A moment you wish you could relive.
Day 7: Five things you couldn't possibly live without.
Day 8: A thank you letter to someone who has changed your life.
Day 9: A photo you took.
Day 10: A photo of you taken over ten years ago.
Day 11: A photo of you taken recently.
Day 12: A song that you want played at your wedding(or was played).
Day 13: A guilty pleasure.
Day 14: A vacation you would like to take.
Day 15: A person you admire.
Day 16: A song that makes you cry.
Day 17: A song that makes you laugh.
Day 18: An art piece.
Day 19: A time when you felt passionate and alive.
Day 20: A talent of yours.
Day 21: A hobby of yours.
Day 22: Something you know you do differently than most people.
Day 23: A website.
Day 24: A way in which you want to be remembered.
Day 25: A movie no one would expect you to love.
Day 26: A recipe.
Day 27: A childhood memory.
Day 28: A physical feature you love.
Day 29: A favorite article of clothing.
Day 30: Hopes, Dreams and plans you have for the next 365 days

Starting directly:

-a favorite song-

First thoughts:  Are you for SERIOUS?  Just one song?!

Second thoughts:  Fine.  *pout*  I'll try.

So.  Sure, I love tons of songs.  TONS.  I don't know that I truly have a favorite.  But one song that I adore is "Hold My Heart" by Tenth Avenue North.  Why, you ask?  Because God speaks to me in this song.  I speak to God through of this song.  I can't tell you how many times when I'm just having a really bad day or am hurting, I've gone in my room [or in my closet, because small dark places are good places to think] and listened to this song, and sung along with it, and cried, and...found comfort.  Because God is there, holding my heart.



Also, my dearest friend Hannah, my sis, and I are dancing to this song...we're choreography our own dance actually, slowly but surely.  And this song is beautiful.

How long must I pray, must I pray to You?
How long must I wait, must I wait for You?
How long till I see Your face
See You shining through?

I'm on my knees
Begging You to notice me
I'm on my knees
Father, will You turn to me?

One tear in the dropping rain
One voice in a sea of pain
Could the Maker of the stars
Hear the sound of my breaking heart?

One life, that's all I am
Right now I can barely stand
If You're everything You say You are
Won't You come close and hold my heart?

I've been so afraid, afraid to close my eyes
So much can slip away before I say goodbye
But if there's no other way
Then I'm done asking why

'Cause I'm on my knees
Begging You to turn to me
I'm on my knees
Father, will You run to me?

One tear in the dropping rain
One voice in a sea of pain
Could the Maker of the stars
Hear the sound of my breaking heart?

One life, that's all I am
Right now I can barely stand
If You're everything You say You are
Would You come close and hold my heart?

So many questions without answers
Your promises remain
I can't see but I'll take my chances
To hear You call my name
To hear You call my name

One tear in the dropping rain
One voice in a sea of pain
Could the Maker of the stars
Hear the sound of my breaking heart?

One life, that's all I am
Right now I can barely stand
If You're everything You say You are
Would You come close and hold my heart?

Hold my heart
Could You hold my heart?
Hold my heart



<3

4 comments:

  1. I have never heard that song. I love it though. It's beautiful.
    Reagan*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hold My Heart is AMAZING! I love playing it on piano! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this song! Tenth Avenue North is one of my favorite bands! <3

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  4. So yeah, because you posted that song, I sat down the other night with my piano and the music playing on youtube. That song led to many others, so I was messing around with all sorts of songs the other night. All because of you posting it :)

    ReplyDelete

Sweet comments are the best thing since sliced bread. Unkind comments are the worst thing since hamsters.

But really. Comments make me happy.