Sunday, March 6, 2011

[two] Random Gushings

Every five days, I say, and with good intentions to do it.  But alas, I was not counting on events that would take away my time from this blog challenge.  However, I had a good excuse for not doing this yesterday.  You wanna know why?

I was at a ball!  :)

And just for the record, I also had a Cinderella-blue dress.  It was a blast...this was my sixth dance and it is always one of the highlights of the year.  This time, we had eleven girls over at my house (including my sister and I) to get ready all day.  We all helped with each others' hair and took tons of pictures, and then went to the ball, danced the night away, and then came back here to sleep over.  Twas grand.  And this was actually one of the best spring balls I've been to.  I generally like the Christmas balls better, just because they're smaller and friendlier and there's a better ratio of guys to girls (though the guys are always outnumbered =P).  Usually I end up dancing with other girls a ton and am a "guy" a ton.  I wasn't a "guy" during a dance once this spring, and I got asked to dance a lot more then I ever have.  So it was all in all a glorious weekend.


photo credits to my mommy
LET NO ONE SAY THAT THEY HAVE AWESOMER FRIENDS THAN ME...CUZ IT JUST AIN'T TRUE =]

After saying all that, I'm going to gush a bit.  THE WHOLE 25TH ANNIVERSARY CONCERT OF LES MIS IS PLAYING ON TELEVISION TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Actually, it's playing right now.  I watched up to the point that I'm at in the book, but I refuse to watch past that.  Still.  It is sososo incredible.  *dies of happiness*

Now, as for the blog challenge.  Here we go again.

-2: a favorite movie-

Ha.  Hahaha.  You've got to be kidding me.  There is no way.  Okay, here goes nothing.

Newsies.  When this movie came out about 20 years ago, it was a huge flop.  I can't understand for the life of me why.  I adore it.  It's a musical, and it stars a super young Christian Bale as Jack, a newspaper boy in New York who is fighting just to get enough to eat every day, along with his friends.  But when the newspaper tycoons raise prices making it even harder for newsies, Jack decides to lead a strike.  It's full of good, ol' time fun and feel-goodiness, with awesome music to match.  What more could you ask for?


Lord of the Rings.  Need I say more?  I think not.  If you haven't watched this epic trilogy, I feel desperately sorry for you.  I'm not even going to include a picture because...I wouldn't be able to pick less than 10.  ;)

Pirates of the Caribbean.  The first one, that is.  For no particular reason at all, I adore this movie.  It makes me laugh like no other movie can.  I love Jack so much it's unhealthy.  I have a HUGE awesome poster of him hanging on my door.  <grin>


Jane Austen-style films.  That's right, bring on your Pride and Prejudice, Emma, Northanger Abbey, and Persuasion.  And how about things like Cranford and Wives and Daughters too?  I've probably seen anything and everything that fits into this category and time period.

The Princess Bride.  Ohhh, I love this movie.  It can be super corny but it holds a special place in my heart.  It's the perfectest mix of romance and adventure, with masked strangers, awesome sword duels, hilarious sidekicks, danger and revenge, secret hideaways, battles of wits, damsels in distress, more duels, and a happily ever after.  Yeah, it's pretty sweet.


I know there's more.  I know I'm going to publish this and then think of a movie directly afterwards and facepalm.  Ohh well.  You get the gist of it.  Depend upon it, I have plenty more favorites.  Any favorite movies from anyone else out there?

5 comments:

  1. NEWSIES! I love that movie! I love it when I find someone else who does, so many people don't even know about it. Lord of the Rings and Curse of the Black Pearl are also on my favorites list <3

    I actually didn't know about Josh Groban for the longest time, and now I think I would cry if him and all his music was suddenly snuffed out. His voice is simply gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aaaah those movies are like... all my favorites! :D

    Looks like y'all had alot of fun! I'm so jealous... I'm homeschooled and not really involved in much, so I doubt I'll ever get to go to a dance or ball.

    That picture is really cute though.

    Anyway... I guess you could call me your newest follower! :D

    xx,
    Bleah Briann @ blonde4christ.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you gals had yourself a BALL at the ball :) (sorry, I just had to go there :) ). I LOVE the Newsies...UI didn't realize there were others who shared my obsession...that is awesome! (aren’t the boys in the movie just dreamy?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This reminds me that I really should watch Newsies sometime. Still haven't seen it yet. And that's totally my favorite picture of all you gals at your house :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE your blog!!! And the ball looks like SOOOO much fun! =) I got to go to an English Country dance last May and it was a blast!!

    ReplyDelete

Sweet comments are the best thing since sliced bread. Unkind comments are the worst thing since hamsters.

But really. Comments make me happy.