Tuesday, April 12, 2011

April showers bring May flowers

After Sunday being so deliciously warm, breezey, and sunny, yesterday was dismal and rainy.
But it wasn't just blehh-type rain.  It was pretty, drizzly, whimsical, dreamy rain.  The kind I like.


I even got to sit out on the porch and read as the rain fell just in front of me.


But then, even though I had tons to do, I couldn't resist dashing outside in the wetness to snap a few photos of the branches, new buds, and flowers soaking in the water.

(linking up to Allie's photo challenge)



Ahh, this one was taken waiting for just the perfect moment to snap.  And I got that little water droplet. :)


 I like the sun, don't get me wrong, but rain makes me happy in a totally different way.  It's just beautiful.  <3 


Any other rain-lovers out there?

6 comments:

  1. Pretty photos! Thanks for linking up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love love these photos! :) And I love the rain too, especially the smell of rain when the rain stops! It's such an amazing scent (at least to me!) since AZ obviously doesn't get that much rain :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennoelle,
    In response to your comment, I have two choir concerts: one tonight and one on April 29. So I'm seeing Les Mis the day after my second concert, which would be April 30. Agh! I'm so excited! I really must do a post about it sometime!

    In Christ,
    Larkin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rain is very nice, in its own way.

    ReplyDelete

Sweet comments are the best thing since sliced bread. Unkind comments are the worst thing since hamsters.

But really. Comments make me happy.