Wednesday, April 6, 2011

[nine] Spring

-9: a photo you took-

How about several?  ;)  During our lovely little bout of springy weather that now ceases to grace us with its presence, I went outside to take some pictures.



The sun was shining, and I was happy.  I love rain, trust me.  We had a thunderstorm a couple days ago and I loved it.  But sunshine just makes me oh-so-happy.  Especially this time of year.



There are always two particular patches in my yard that get spring's very first flowers.  They don't last very long, but I love them.  When they bloom, they bring the announcement that spring has arrived.



I'm pretty sure that those two patches of purple flowers have gotten bigger each year.  Maybe they're spreading.  That would make me excessively happy.  They are always the first thing I search for in springtime.



I even overcame my extreme dislike of insects to get this picture.  I'm still rather frightened to look too closely at it...I'm not very fond of bees.



Tessie.  Oh how I love this sister of mine.



She was outside getting the mail when I was outside taking pictures, and I grabbed to her have a spontaneous photo shoot.  Her and the spring flowers...so lovely.



Sometimes she makes the most hilarious faces.  I call her my ducky because of it.  ;)  She's crazy, loud, stubborn, witty, sweet, hilarious, independent, and a lot like me in many ways.


She's so sweetly beautiful.  She fits in with spring.  And yes, I did this because I've been wanting to sneak some of my very favorite lyrics from Les Mis ever (and the ones I cried most at).



Spring flowers and my adorable sister = some of my favorite things in the whole wide world.  Honestly, I adore flowers.  Some people could care less, "okay...flowers exist, yay."  But I'm a flower kind of girl.  I love them.


This is a mix between an "I feel like being weird" face and an "Are you done yet?" face.



Seriously, this girl could be a child model.  She's going to be a heartbreaker.  Look at that face.  And her stormy eyes.



Yes, this was a good day.  Now if only some of our lovely weather would come back to us so the flowers won't feel the need to hide anymore.


How I love spring.  What are some of your favorite things about this glorious, happifying season?

P.S. -- If any of you haven't yet, there's still one day left to vote here for my photo (#136 Jennoelle @ UO).  Thank you sooo much!  xo

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jennoelle!

    Just to be sure you know, I commented on your recent Les Miz post.

    These are lovely pictures, btw! Spring is so beautiful. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous pictures, Jennoelle!!:) Love them! And your little sister is absolutely stunning! Arn't little sisters fun??:)

    ReplyDelete

Sweet comments are the best thing since sliced bread. Unkind comments are the worst thing since hamsters.

But really. Comments make me happy.