Monday, April 25, 2011

well well well.

Somehow I always forget that spring is the craziest part of the year.  But here I am again, wondering how on earth I'm going to do all that there is to do...even though it's all good.  For the next two weekends, we have our play performances...then I'll have my band concert...then dance recital...then finals...then my summer job...and lots of opportunities between.

The biggest decision I've had to make is National Convention.  So, I told you all about TeenPact: how amazing it is, and how awesome the people are.  NC is a week-long camp in late May where any TeenPact alumni can hang out, hear incredible speakers, grow in great friendships and in their relationship with Christ, participate in National Elections, play Ultimate Frisbee, and have just about the best week of their life.  I really really reeeaally would love to go again.  I went last year, and it was just that: the best week of my life.

So why not go, you ask?  There's just one problem: it costs about $375.  Ouch.  "Money is the world's curse.  May the Lord smite me with it!" (Fiddler on the Roof, anyone?)  Plus, I'm going to apply to staff for TeenPact.  I can either do that at NC, or interview over the phone.  And right now, it looks as if it'll be over the phone.  As sad as that makes me, I'm kinda good with it.  This is where God has me, and I feel peaceful about not going.  It's just about the only thing I'm sure of at this point.

Besides that, there's auditions for the musical Cinderella at the end of this month and performances in the middle of July.  I really wanted to try out (if you know me at all, you'll know I adore musical theatre and it's a dream of mine to be in a musical someday), but the timing is not great with so much going on.  Plus, it's a good 45 minutes away, so there would be a lot of gas money involved.  I hate money...grrrr.  Anyway, I've decided that I'm not trying out, but I don't give up on someday being in a musical yet.  ;)

Sometime in June (I think...), my mom is planning on taking us girls to Chicago, which would be awesome.  And in July, I'm hoping to volunteer with something called the Somali Summer Camp at my church...which is kinda a VBS type thing for Somalian kids [and which...I still need to apply to...].  And...and...so many possibilities...*sigh*  As you can see, I have a lot of things that still need to be worked out.  And SOMETIME in there I actually have to finish school!

Anywho, I'm praying about things and I know and trust that God has a plan for these next couple months...I'm sure he'll open and close doors where needed.  Life just...requires decisions, which I don't necessarily like to make.

But in the meantime, this song makes me happy.


And this picture makes me laugh.  Random, I know.  It's pet week over at I Heart Faces.  I wasn't even trying to get a good photo when I took this...it's my dad's friend's dog, taken with my friend's camera.  Random, fo sho.  But hilarious all the same.


I have my college class's midterms tomorrow.  Pray for me.  :P

12 comments:

  1. LOVE this one! One of my daughter's favorites as well!! Great shot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great shot! Cute dog too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the happiness this picture projects!

    ReplyDelete
  4. teen pact sounds awesome. i mean, you had me at ultimate frisbee ;)

    and one word for the dog - awwwww *warm fuzzy feeling*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute. Reminds me of my childhood dog, Checkers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great image! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. He is such a happy pup. Hilarious indeed!

    Thanks for visiting. Because some wondered what the cat was looking at, I re-published the post with a little haiku I wrote.

    P.S. Good luck with the midterms!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I love that song! And your blog title, btw =) I'm now a follower. God bless!

    ReplyDelete

Sweet comments are the best thing since sliced bread. Unkind comments are the worst thing since hamsters.

But really. Comments make me happy.