Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Little Women

*after waiting patiently to see if blogger would restore my post and thus my comments as well, I have decided to take matters into my own hands and republish this since it was eaten by the internet monster.  feel free to comment again just to make me happy.*

Well, it's over.  Sunday night the cast of Little Women performed for the last time, spelling the end of a wonderful and tons-of-fun experience.  My family and several friends were there too, and it was a smooth performance, so we all felt really good about it.  But with every costume change, every scene ended, every line said, we sat backstage and whispered, "That's the last time!"  Sob.


From the very beginning, God has been watching over this experience and just blessing it.  I know I've said this before, but even getting a part and it working out schedule-wise was a miracle since it actually fit in with a million other things.  I like to say that I've been acting my whole life, just not necessarily on stage--though I've wanted to for ages.  This is like a dream-come-true/bucket-list-item-scratched-off for me.  And then God gave me some awesome people as part of the cast--we've truly become such good friends.


There's Ruthie (the redhead), our lovely Meg, whom I had met beforehand but always wanted to get to know better.  She showed up at auditions and the rest is history.  ;)  I feel like I've known her all my life.  Then Cassie, my sister, is our tomboyish Jo.  Lauren was Beth, but her real personality is the farthest thing from Beth's in the world (as you can see, she looks as if she's about to kill Cass).  She's crazy, blonde, and so much fun.  Caitlin was our Aunt March--oh my word, she's an awesome crabby old lady.  Bahaha, but seriously...she was only in one scene, but she rocked it; we all wish she was in more.


Our Marmee was played by Kassandra, who insists that she's not old enough to be our mother.  Ben was John Brooke.  He's convinced that I have an evil little mind, but it's okay--after a number of pranks (like what we did to his car above), he's given me cream sodas, so I'm good with it.  And Joe was our Laurie--and a total nutcase.  He's weird and very amusing.  Our backstage girls--aka lifesavers--were Emily (with me below) and Leah, and of course I love our directors Mindy and Michele.  :)


All in all, our cast had a blast together.  Sunday, after meeting and greeting people as they exited the theatre, after changing and putting away costumes, after sorting through props, after clearing away chairs and trash, after signing each other's production posters, we all went and partied at Taco Bell.  Yuummmm.  And as we said goodbye, there were a gazillion hugs and plans to see each other soon.


*sigh*  Man, I'm going to miss seeing those people each week.


In all reality, it's good that it's over.  It frees up my schedule now--and we've been rehearsing consistently since January (and even a little before that).  But even though there's a part of me that knows it's time to be done, I'm still sad.  The whole experience was just wonderful.  God had his hand in it; that's all I can say.

11 comments:

  1. Well, you did a magnificent job. Btw, what do you have against hamsters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh, we both have very alike blog posts tonight. ;P

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Isaac--hamsters are just...ugly. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! How could you say that?! Hamsters are adorable. If you think hamsters are ugly, you should see mine. ;) Mr. Wiggles. You will take back every bad thing you ever said/thought about hamsters. Truth. ;) Haha.

      Delete
  4. looks like you had a blast, jenn! don't be sad because it's over, be happy because it happened! :))

    love always,
    anna :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh! and i awarded you if you do that sort of thing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You all look so wonderful :) and it looks like you had a lot of fun. Your dresses look so fun. I feel like i used the word look to much :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woooaaaah...comment time! :)

    I love you so very, very, very, very, much. :)

    I miss seeing you weekly!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know what you mean. I was in a drama twice. Once when I was ten, and again when I was twelve. (I'm sixteen now) We did Charles Dickens' A Christmas Carol. I was Belinda Cratchit both years. It was so much fun. The second year we had performances every night for almost two weeks straight. You really get to know your cast that way. You begin a routine with every costume change and knowing what to do next. I love it. The whole atmosphere of it is just wonderful! Whispering back stage and waiting to go one stage. I miss it! But, anyway. :) Thanks for the comment on the picture that I entered in Carlotta's photo challenge! :)
    Eliza

    ReplyDelete
  9. P.S. You probably said somewhere but I can't find it. What part did you have? I think you would be perfect for Amy. :)
    Eliza

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Eliza--yes indeed, I was Amy! I got a lot of teasing that Amy brought out my true character... xP But she was such fun to play. =)

    ReplyDelete

Sweet comments are the best thing since sliced bread. Unkind comments are the worst thing since hamsters.

But really. Comments make me happy.