Sunday, July 17, 2011

Sneak Peak

As you may or may not have noticed from my longer-than-usual absence from the blogger world, I've been gone for the past week.  Many roadtripping adventures occurred and many photos were taken.  This is your sneak peek of many more to come.



one: black and white


I love the way this turned out.  There's something very soulful, sweet, and simple about black and white photos.  This is Tess's braided hair as we rode the subway.

The Paper Mama

two: reflections in glass


In a big city, there's always tons of glass at your disposal.  This was taken from the elevated subway, which you can see reflected in the building's windows.


three: headlights



Buses everywhere downtown.


four: seeing double


Double time!  I fell in love with clocks on this trip.  This is one of the prettiest I saw, though there were many, many others.


five: bare


Bare.  Just a face.  No fancy or fake pose.  Bare, blank, yet full of expression.  My sister is so photogenic.  =)

Favorites, anyone?

xo, Jenn

15 comments:

  1. Your set is lovely. Love how all the shots are from a subway journey. Even the last one of your sister?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them, the last two are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos! I love the first one and the last one best I think. They're all great though! I hope you had a wonderful time on your road trip! :)

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! Found you on the Scavenger Hunt Sunday linkup...I love your pics! The one of your sis is awesome, I like how you interpreted "bare"!

    ReplyDelete
  5. your photos are lovely, truly!!! new fan, stopping by from scavenger sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely photos! Love your bare shot. Your sister is really pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are FANTASTIC- especially love the first & last- they say so much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh gosh - what a beautiful set. I also love your first and last shots. Your sister is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bare is my fave shot. And yes she is photogenic.

    Well done.

    Alita

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are all beautiful! There is something really gorgeous about that braid in BW!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great photos, love your reflections and B&W!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Psh! I like the first one.
    I would like the one of Cassie, except her mouth / jaw looks funny. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like all of them except the headlights one. Not that it's bad, just not quite dramatic as, say, a picture of headlights at night. Just trying to give constructive criticism. The clock one is really neat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love, love, love all of these shots. Your reflection is so cool, I like how the panes chop up the image and it looks warped and reassembled. Thanks so much for linking in to Exploring with a Camera!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love, love, love these! Beautiful shot of your sister.

    ReplyDelete

Sweet comments are the best thing since sliced bread. Unkind comments are the worst thing since hamsters.

But really. Comments make me happy.