Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The things that make me happy...

This is so crazy random it probably doesn't even deserve a blog post.  But since I'm out of town and thus don't have time to post, I'm going to share this.  I found these [all from here] th'other day, and they made me smile.  Some of them are just so awesome and creative.

I thought that while I was sharing these, I might as well tell you what I like about each character/movie it represents, eh?


Mary Poppins.  Practically perfect in every way.  I have friends that honest-to-goodness do not like the movie Mary Poppins, and it astounds and saddens me.  The music, the happily-ever-after story after all of them go through some hard times, the Julie Andrews aspect...I love it.

  

Batman.  I confess, I've never actually seen all of The Dark Knight, though I do know all about the Joker (rather too iconic not to recognize, wouldn't you say?).  Soomedaaay...


Ratatouille.  Bahaha, the creativity of this one just made me laugh.  My little sisters were a bit obsessed with this movie at one time, so I've had my share of watching it...fortunately or unfortunately--you decide.



Kermit the Frog.  Muppets...need I say more?  One of my best friend's nicknames is Kermit...so-named by yours truly.  ;)  Oh-oh-oh!  And I have a hilariously wonderful Muppets quote, from Miss Piggy herself:

“Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye.”



Calvin and Hobbes.  Basically the best comic strip that ever was or ever will be.  We own at least one book of a Calvin and Hobbes collection and my brother has gotten others from the library from time to time.  I absolutely love sitting around on a lazy day reading through them.  Bill Waterson = genius.


Captain Jack Sparrow.  I was scrolling calmly through all these photos, smiling, remembering--and I got to this one and squealed.  Isn't it perfect?  Oh, how I love him.  He's so amusing.


Carmen Sandiego.  At least, that is who my brother and I decided she was, and it makes sense considering her map outfit.  I can remember many days as a kid playing educational geography and history computer games with Carmen as the sneaky villain.


Lord of the Rings.  Oh, yes.  Yes, yes, yeees.  I had a hard time with this when I saw the hobbits individually, but once I got to Aragorn things started to pull together in my brain, and Gandalf confirmed it.  These are so brilliant.  For those of you who don't know, I'm a self-proclaimed LotR nerd.  <3


Castaway.  For the record, I greatly disliked this movie.  First of all, it's Tom Hanks.  Not my favorite to say the least.  Secondly, he's marooned on an island all by his lonesome going stark raving mad talking to his volleyball for way too long to keep my attention.  Last but not least, I watched it when I had swine flu, so all miserableness was multiplied by about 294.  But you have to admit that the idea here is pretty clever.


Pinocchio.  This movie scares me.  I mean, it's seriously not kid-friendly.  Frightening boisterous crooks?  Boys smoking, getting drunk, and then turning into donkeys?  ::shudders::  Bad memories, folks.  But these two together are so stinkin' cute.


Darth Vader.  With the Force and James Earl Jones' voice, what I can say?  Actually, Star Wars isn't my favorite thing in the world, but I blame that mostly on the fact that I never even saw the movies until I was 13 or 14.  So when I did, they just seemed so overrated.


The Wizard of Oz.  Or Wicked, which I like much much better (The Wizard of Oz and me never got along well when I was younger).  But Wicked, the Broadway musical Wicked--oh yes please.  One of the best I've ever seen.  But Elphaba (who becomes known as the Wicked Witch of the West) isn't reeeaally that ugly...


The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe.  This group may very well be my favorite out of all of the rest.  How sweet is that?  And I'm sure you all know that I'm a huge C.S. Lewis fan, so this comes as no surprise.  ;P  I would totally take these hanging on my wall.

So whatcha think?  Aren't they the most cute, clever, and creative things ever?  Browsing through them just made me happy.  =)  Which do you like best?

5 comments:

  1. Jack is the best but I was greatly amused by Castaway

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are cool! I'm thinking I like the Lord of the Rings one best. I'm a pretty big fan myself. :)
    Thanks for sharing!

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great post!!! I love those pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the Darth Vader one and the Lion, Witch and the Wardrobe ones:) those are really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love ALL of them! =)

    But the Narnia one is awesome. And also, I agree. Pinocchio is the creepiest weirdest movie ever. Also Dumbo.

    ReplyDelete

Sweet comments are the best thing since sliced bread. Unkind comments are the worst thing since hamsters.

But really. Comments make me happy.