Saturday, August 6, 2011

Back (a song by yours truly)


I know change is good sometimes
But right now I want it to end


I want to rewind and grasp onto
What it means to have this one friend


So we've had different friends and fun
Gone down paths of our own


Maybe she has someone special,
Maybe I'm fine with being alone


But bring her back to me
Bring her back to me


I need her now
Right here, somehow


I just need to say
Please bring her back to me
Today


I've had my own special times
Times that I don't regret


And she's made her own memories too
Why must they be separate?


Maybe I've been wrong sometimes
Maybe rubbed it in her face


But I need her to know, friend or foe--
No one could ever take her place


Bring her back to me
Bring her back to me


I need her now
Right here, somehow


I just need to say
Please bring her back to me
Today



I know it hasn't been easy
But I want the change to pause


I won't let the time go slipping by
I refuse to call this a loss


Do you know how much I care?
Can't we share and just happily be?


All I want to know
Is that you still love me


As I love you


Bring her back to me
Bring her back to me


I need her now
Right here, somehow


I just need to say
Please bring her back to me
Today


Time goes on, the road unwinds
Nothing will slow in the world


But nothing here with change--I wouldn't ever exchange
The friendship of this special girl



ps--most photos by either me or Abigail (for whom the song was written), with a smattering here and there by Cassie.

7 comments:

  1. Lovely pictures! That song is amazing! Thank you so much for sharing this with us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of the photos are absolutely beautiful! And what a perfect spot to capture them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. These photos are stunning and what a great setting. I love the vintage camera and the photo with the hands making a heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenn,
    In response to your comment on my blog, my mom said that she's not comfortable with us penpal-ing, but it's not a definite "no". I'm still praying that it will work out! And there's also a possibility that we could email and not know each other's street addresses. Crossing fingers!

    Jennifer Noelle is SO pretty! And I adore Jennoelle too. I'm dying to share my real name with you, even though I don't particularly like it.

    Thanks for allowing Anonymous commenting - it fixed my problem!

    Keep in touch,
    Larkin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such lovely girls and photos! And this song is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love you more than you could ever know. And I promise, I wouldn't let the whole world keep us from staying friends. I wouldn't exchange you for anything. Never forget. . .
    <3
    Abigail

    ReplyDelete

Sweet comments are the best thing since sliced bread. Unkind comments are the worst thing since hamsters.

But really. Comments make me happy.