Saturday, August 20, 2011

brand new day

That's today, all you lovely people--a brand new day.  Even though a trapshoot tournament is going on for me to work super long days.  Even though I'm rather exhausted from my [awesome, wonderful, beautiful, much-loved, best-friend-of-an-older] sister's 18th birthday--which was on Monday but the celebration kinda stretched itself out.  Even though vacation is ended and now I have only memories to look back to.  Even though I feel like I haven't been home for a full month, and for the most part, it's true.

But I'm home.  Working trapshoots, as busy as ever...but home.  And it's good.  Oh so very good.  Our vacation was wonderful and stupendous and full of good memories (even though it had it's...moments, as all family vacations must).  It was long...seventeen days long, and we saw so many cool things, went to so many beautiful places, and met so many amazing people.

This gives account for my long absence, as you may or may not have noticed, and the busyness of my schedule gives account for this post not being longer and laden with photos.  Don't worry--those things will come soon.  But know that here I am, safe and sound and sleepy.

And just to make this not a totally boring post, I shall include a quote from Tess, my humorous 8-year-old sister, as we were walking on a bridge over a highway.

Tess: "I'm walking on the highway!"
me: "Oh yes, doesn't it make you feel strong and powerful?"
Tess: "Well, of course it makes me feel strong and powerful, because I am.  DUH."

Hahahhaaa I love her.

So what has everyone else been up to?  School preparations (nonononoNOOOO!)...socializing...or vacationing like me?  I feel like I've been gone so long and have so much to catch up on...

much love,
Jenn

8 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you had a good trip! :) And nice quote, your sister sounds so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay school preparations! I started a week ago....blah! But I'm pretty sure that also means I get done before you! haha :)

    Tell Cassie happy belated birthday for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenn,
    My mom said "no" to snail-mail penpal-ing, for privacy reasons. So you could ask your mom if you want to, but my mom won't change her mind easily. :) I haven't asked about emailing yet, but that's definitely an option, since I do have a cover email. Yeah, letter-writing would be so much more unique and old-fashioned, but it's not gonna work. :( Comment conversations are fun too! :D

    Love,
    larkin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for following my blog! Your blog is beautiful. Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Jenn,

    I am actually working through an Etsy shop, and she has received your address the day you gave it to me, and she should have sent your item out. I will be messaging her today. =/ That bugs me a little.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was hoping you’d come over and visit Grace Place and enter my most recent giveaway! The current giveaway at Grace Place is a beautiful pearl bracelet and jeweled friendship bracelet complete with a lovely jewelry box. Thank you so much!

    Miss Grace

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! Love your blog! I'll definitely be checking back. Thanks for the comment on my blog. :)
    ♥,

    Abby

    ReplyDelete

Sweet comments are the best thing since sliced bread. Unkind comments are the worst thing since hamsters.

But really. Comments make me happy.