Monday, October 31, 2011

autumn sunshine

I have a confession to make.

I never really cared for fall.  Not that I disliked it--it was more that I just didn't have any feelings for it whatsoever.  Well, this year, it's changed.  I love autumn.  At least I've loved this autumn.  I'm not sure what has changed, but this in-between season has just captivated me with it's golden glory.


Yup, you could say I've fallen in love with the autumn sunshine.

Sadly, as of now, sunshine doesn't necessarily mean warmth.  We had our first frost yesterday--which made driving to church in my icy car somewhat interesting.  But at the same time, even though I would rather have been asleep at the time (wonderful night the one before: dancing, teasing, eating, movie-watching, laughing with friends...until after 3am), I couldn't help but love seeing the morning light glisten over the frost.

"Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower."  -Albert Camus

This October has been an odd mixture of nasty & rainy, sunny & breezy, and now it has turned to bright (or wet) & cold.  I'm having a hard time coping with the fact that the month is over; didn't autumn just begin?  And now here we are, facing November head-on.  Crazy how time flies.

And despite the constant busyness--the homework, the cold, the everyday difficulties amid the laughter, the beauty, the friendships--I am loving it.


ps--any epic plans for Halloween?  I've never been big on the day--never done anything huge or exciting--so tonight just calls for a run to Chipotle.  always a good thing.

16 comments:

  1. Your pictures are so beautiful. Fall isn't one of my favorite seasons, but whenever it comes around I tend to like it more than I had thought I would. I liked hearing about the frost!! I liked the pictures of the grass close up, that is so neat looking. Thanks for always posting your pictures, they are always so amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that was me. I used to not enjoy Autumn, but this year I fell head-over-heels in love with it. Lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These photos are STUNNING! That's all I have to say :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Same here! Love your photos beautiful--so golden and nostalgic. :)
    I was at Hocking Hills on Sunday, and the light was GORGEOUS in this field with all these puffy dead flower-things. It looked magical. And I thought of you. <3 Sadly, Dad forgot to charge the camera after he used it Saturday, so no pictures. :/ But it was still a perfect Autumn moment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh... wow. I can see why you fell in love with fall this year! These pictures are by far the most stunning pictures I've seen this season. So gorgeous! The bokeh makes me very, very happy. :)

    And it also makes me happy that you are a fellow Chipotle-lover. ;) I wasn't even sure they had them over there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know what? I feel the same way about fall! I think it's photography - it makes me notice things more. And your photography is just amazing, so no wonder you've fallen in love :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. can I have all of these printed out and framed in my house? pleeeeease? :D they are so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh! Incredible pictures! I agree with the comment above- I want to print them out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You take some sooo beautiful photos. Really. Beautiful. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Beautiful! You capture the essence of the fall light to a tee! Gorgeous.

    I really love all of your pictures! Autumn has and will ALWAYS be a favorite. :)

    I hope you check out my blog and follow me! Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

    Stay Strong,
    Makay
    www.thebirdssay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your pictures! So gorgeous! And fall is absolutely my most favorite season. hands down. So many colors!! Its so wonderful. (:

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think fall is like this best time of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  13. girl, this is gorgeous!!! i'm a sucker for sunflare. your photography is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous photos! I wish I could learn to take photos that well!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those photos are absolutely stunning. I love that gorgeous light seeping through. Goodness this was a fun post to look at!

    ReplyDelete

Sweet comments are the best thing since sliced bread. Unkind comments are the worst thing since hamsters.

But really. Comments make me happy.