Wednesday, October 12, 2011

oreo stuffed heaven

Would you like to hear about something delicious?  Of course you would.  Oreo stuffed chocolate chip cookies.  It's like a Cookie Utopia.  Almost too good to be true, right?

Fortunately, no.


If you consider yourself an Oreo-lover in any way, shape, or form, do yourself a favor and make these.  I'm hardly the baking type (at least not very often), but when I saw this recipe I had to try it.  These are made with chocolate-creme-filled Oreos since that's all I had handy.  I hid them away in the back of the pantry, hoping they'd last longer.  (:



Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
from the recipe at Very Culinary

Ingredients:
1 cup (2 sticks) softened butter
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
3 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 package Oreo cookies

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a large bowl, cream butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar with a mixer until well combined.  Beat in eggs and vanilla.
In a medium bowl mix flour, salt, and baking soda.  Slowly add to wet ingredients along with chocolate chips until just combined.
With a cookie scoop, form balls with the dough.
Place one ball on top of an Oreo cookie, and another on the bottom.  Seal edges together by pressing and cupping with hands until the Oreo is fully enclosed in dough.  (Note: use just enough dough to cover the whole Oreo, no more...they end up big enough as it is.)



Place unto parchment lined baking sheets and bake cookies for approximately 13 minutes or until golden brown.  (Note: mine definitely took long than 13 minutes, so check as you go...but don't over-bake or the bottoms will burn.)
Let cool for 5 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.

Makes 24 ginormous cookies.



And friends, when I say ginormous, that's exactly what I mean.  So huge that if you eat too much cookie dough during the baking process, you won't even have room for a whole one.  (Yes, I speak from personal experience.)  Grab them with a glass of milk for the ultimate midnight snack.  Perfection. <3


26 comments:

  1. *breaths hard with attempted self control*. I think I'm about do faint of wanting this yumminess...those look absolutely, completely, totally, undeniably AMAZING! except...our family doesn't use oreos, and so I will die.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, ummm, we're going to be at your house early on Saturday, and that may be a good day for you to shoot for a second, even better batch. You know, hone your skills. Just a suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is absolutely perfect. now you made me hungry!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, I must make these very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've made those before not too long ago, but I used white-creme-filled Oreos instead. Though I must say that chocolate-creme-filled ones would've tasted a whole lot better. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, oh my. I've been wanting to make these for a while now.

    I love your picture, btw. And your header. =D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, yum. So happy that I got to try one of these. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh my goodness! These look absolutely amazing! I'm so gonna have to try these. Have you tried Oreo cookies with peanut butter filling? Ahh...they're the best! Especially with a cold glass of milk. <3

    Thanks so much for sharing, Jenn!

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've made those! They're magical! And SO big!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those cookies look absolutely amazingly delicious. I just pinned this recipe and I want to make it soooo bad!!!!

    borrowingphotographs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. They look DE-lish. Definitely making them. (:

    ReplyDelete
  12. okay....those look absolutely delicious. I think I know what cookies I'll be making next ;)

    ~Lily

    ReplyDelete
  13. That looks splendidly delectable! I have never heard of them before, but now that you mention it...I want some!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ohh wow. definitely need to try these. I would be classified as an oreo-addict. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my gosh. These look DELICIOUS. ♥ I'm going to make them. End of story. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. yum yum yum! these look so good! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Darn it, Jenn! You just ruined my day!!! I'll be thinking about that all day, plus why did you have to add pictures?!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. you just tingled every single one of my taste buds, jenn. I'M STARVED.

    ;)

    <3anna :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow those look SO good! too bad I can't have 'em..{food allergies :/}

    I want to thank you for your wonderful comments on my blog! I'm so glad when people love my posts ;)

    OH! and you're on pinterest?! you're gonna get another follower... ;)

    much love♥

    ReplyDelete
  20. That sounds simply amazing! <3

    I just found your blog today- and I love it. I'd love for you to check out my blog if you get a chance: http://confessionsofamaineteenager.blogspot.com

    xoxo Miss ALK :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my word! Those look absolutely delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my stars. Those look absolutely delish! I want some. I think I'll make them :) Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my gosh! Girl, I got fatter just by looking at these photos!! I don't think there could ever be a more delicious looking cookie in the world. Thanks for posting! :)

    Have a lovely day! xxxx~Kelsey

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ok, wow. Those cookies look sooooooo delicious!

    Thanks so much for commenting on my blog. It makes me so happy. I mean, I just recently got into blogging and I'm so excited when new people visit my blog. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  25. oimgosh. These look so amazingly delicious. Why would you do this to me? I'm dying to have some now! :D
    Great blog! Love it.

    -Claire

    ReplyDelete

Sweet comments are the best thing since sliced bread. Unkind comments are the worst thing since hamsters.

But really. Comments make me happy.