Monday, November 21, 2011

the anniversary of the day of my birth

Technically I wasn't born until 9:30 at night, so I never get the satisfaction of actually knowing that I'm older until then.  When I was little and staying up until 9:30pm was a big deal, I would beg to be allowed to stay awake until that time.  Or else I would just whisper it softly to Cassie in bed and celebrate the next morning.

Nonetheless, it is my birthday.  Actually, for it being a Monday and all, I had a pretty sweet day.  It was a rather relaxing and enjoyable English class, I had lunch with a friend, and I'm now awaiting a glorious meal and dessert with my fivesome.  Plus, last weekend was glorious--a dance with some dear friends and a sleepover afterwards.

photo credits to...Ruthie's dad. ;p
Today I'm also joining Abigail at Rear Window's blog party, so you'll get to hear a bit about yours truly.  So...hello.  :)  I'm Jenn.  The loves of my life include Broadway musicals, paper (stationery and notebooks, mostly), laughter, a story well-told, the smell of a just-extinguished candle, taking photographs, correct grammar, and Jesus.

Also--I've never mentioned my age on my blog.  And now that it's my birthday and it is actually worth mentioning, I'm rather curious to see how old you all think I am.  If you've been around for any amount of time I'm sure you have a guess since I've dropped hints now and again.  But seriously, leave me a comment and take a guess?

What is the nerdiest/geekiest/weirdest thing about you?
I'm a self-proclaimed Lord of the Rings nerd.  What can I say?  I know way to many random facts about that trilogy (and am incredibly excited for next year's release of The Hobbit!).  Oh, and I can probably quote and sing my way through The Lion King.

If you could live in a fictional universe from any book, movie, or television show, what would it be?
Now, I could state the extremely obvious and say Narnia here because duh, who doesn't want to go to Narnia?  But in the attempt to be more original, I would love to enter the world of the play Wicked--technically Oz, only so much more wonderful.  Plus, I'd love to visit the (nonfictional) 40s and 50s.

because let's face it--I want to wear dresses like this.  source.
Little or big, practical or frivolous, what is one of your favorite items in your house?
Florence, my piano and friend.

Do you like animated movies?  If so, what is your favorite?
Okay--so animated movies aren't my thing at all.  At least not the things they make nowadays.  Old Disney classics are a completely different matter however.  I adore The Lion King, Robin Hood, and Aladdin.  Tangled holds a special place in my heart, too.

this so makes my day.  source.

What's your favorite thing to get at Starbucks?
For a cold drink, a java chip frappuccino.  For a warm drink, a mocha--or during the fall, the pumpkin spice latte all the way.  Of course, I'm always open to new suggestions...

What is your favorite pizza topping?  Do you prefer waffles or pancakes?
Pineapple and ham is always a special treat.  And as for the waffle/pancake dilemma....ohh.  Hmm.  Do I have to answer this one?  Fine.  Pancakes, if they're the right kind.

Do you like to play games?  If so, what is your favorite?  Have you ever let anyone win a game?
Why, of course I do!  I love card games, Apples to Apples is always fun, but sometimes the best are group games where you have to use your imagination.  And yes--I have let others win...though it doesn't happen very often.  I'm rather competitive. *wink*

Do you make your bed every morning?
BAH.  No sirree.

Picasso or Norman Rockwell?
Don't get me wrong, I have a great appreciation for the artist that Picasso was, but something about Rockwell is just so perfect and homey and nostalgic and reminds me of being a kid and simpler times.

triple self portrait?  nice.  source.
Do you like carpet, tile, or hardwood floors?
Most of the time smooth wood.  Good for sliding in socks.  Though carpet is usually lame (trust me, the stuff in my room is old and not so pretty), we must consent that it is good for just stretching out on the floor sometimes.  ;)

If you could put one thing in a safe under your bed, what would it be?
Allllll my paper stuffs--journals, letters, sketchbooks--and a backup of all my photos.

What was the last thing that made you laugh?
Watching Peter Jackson's production videos for the soon-but-not-soon-enough-to-come movie The Hobbit.  *grin*

Think fast...what's the first song that pops into your head?
Heheh, I was "waiting" for this question, but when I read it again, the first thing that came to mind?  The Glee version of "Jar of Hearts."




Hope your Monday has been lovely, friends!  (I know that sounds impossible, but anyway...)  And psst--guess my age for my own entertainment, maybe?  ;)

♥♥
Jenn

26 comments:

  1. happpyy birthdayyy! :) I like java chip, too.
    and I was born at 9:05 pm, so when I was in second grade it was a big deal when I got to have a pajama party and stayed up and ate cake at exactly 9:05 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy (early) Birthday, Jenn! =D
    I'm guessing...seventeen?! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Jenn! You are seriously gorgeous! :) I'm guessing wildly here....sixteen?

    ReplyDelete
  4. A couple of observations.
    1. It just so happens to be your birthday. Happy Birthday
    2. Just extinguished candles smell great, although I'd never thought of it until you mentioned it.
    3. Norman Rockwell, well, rocks.
    4. Waffles!
    5. My Monday was actually pretty good.
    6. I'm guessing you're 23 years old. (After all, knowing you personally gives me a rather unfair advantage, so I'll intentionally guess wrong)

    ReplyDelete
  5. your age....hmm....some people who are younger look older and vice versa, so when people ask me to guess their age, I'm always scared that I'll be wildly off. Anyways, I would say you look around 15, maybe? Je ne sais pas :)
    Oh, and when you said you wanted to live in the 40's/50s I did a double take, looked back, and then realized I didn't see the parenthesized "nonfictional."
    xoxo
    simi/soul sister

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
    By the way--my Starbucks habits are the exact same as yours... ever since you recommended the Pumpkin Spice latte, I get it whenever possible. ;) SO yummy.

    Also, your dress is gorgeous.

    Also--"Jar of Hearts". <3

    If I didn't know how old you really are turning, I would say you were turning nineteen.

    I'm commenting right on your birth minute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy, happy birthday, dear! I hope you had a fabulously glorious day. And I'm gonna guess that you're turning 16.

    Love,
    Larkin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy, happy birthday (I remembered...no capital 'b' in birthday. Hahaha!) to you dear Jenn! I'm so glad your day was a good one! :)

    I've actually been wondering how old you were. Tehe ;) I'm gonna guess 17.

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  9. P.S. Awesommmeee "Lion King" photo! ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy birthday, Jenn! :)

    I'm going with several others and guessing you're 17.

    May your next year be blessed!

    ~Keaghan

    ReplyDelete
  11. happy birthday! I'm guessing you turned 16 or 17.

    ~Mary Kate

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gasp! Oh my goodness, let me guess your age!!
    oh oh I hope I'm right. :P
    =P 14, fo sho. xD

    ReplyDelete
  13. 1. happy birthday, m'dear! :) you've been such a blessing to me and so many others. God has great things in store for you, i'm sure of it.
    2. i LOVE the lion king. and that picture made my day, too - jussayin :)
    3. yes, narnia would be cliche, but.. it's just... so magical... *swoons*
    4. "BAH. no siree" is right!
    5. sock sliding is the best thing since microwaves.
    6. no way! i stick all that stuff under my bed, too! *high five*
    7. as for your age... 17? i'm going 17 :]
    8. e-mail meeee!

    love-love-love,
    anna :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy birthday, Jenn :D I'm surprised that you didn't mention Jack Sparrow. I'm proud of you :p

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy birthday! (Sorry it's a day late).

    I'm going to guess that you're 16 or 17...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy birthday, Jenn dear! I'm going to guess that you have now turned 17. ;)

    -Kylie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy belated birthday. It's rather hilarious, but I think I agree with almost all your answers. Especially pizza topping. mmmm.... Pineapple and Ham.
    And it's my firm belief to agree in food is to agree in everything (haha, not really).

    Thank you for your wonderful posts. Just wanted to let you know there are people out there on the other side of the world who are thankful for you life.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Birthday!! I liked the pictures of you and your friends!! The lion king one is funny!!I wanted you to let you know that I awarded you with the stylish blogger award, so if you want you can accept it by visiting my blog :) Have a happy Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Birthday!

    Thank you for your comment on my blog... It gave me an excuse to blog hop and come and visit yours. :)

    I loved reading your answers! Oh, yes... I'm a Lord of the Rings nerds too.

    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  20. If I didn't know any better, i'd say you were a nerdy looking 28 year old with blond highlights that are in reality gray/white hairs.

    Yup.

    lol jk, love you sis. And I love when you "tag" my name... even though it does NOTHING hehe! (but keep doing it!)

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Jennoelle,
    Happy belated birthday! Thanks for your friendly comment on my blog.
    I enjoyed reading your responses-- I love sliding on hardwood floors in socks too.

    PS: J'aime le français aussi... L'été passé j'ai participé à un programme d'immersion français à Québec. C'était super! No English for 5 weeks-- If you ever get a chance to do something like that, I really recommend it :)

    Have a great day!
    thinkgreenlovepurple

    ReplyDelete
  22. hey
    thanks for leaving a comment on my blog :). i LOVE apples to apples it can be a really funny game :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happy belated birthday! I am awful at guessing ages, so I won't even try. :)
    I tagged you on my blog here: http://borrowingphotographs.blogspot.com/2011/11/ive-been-awarded.html

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ohh just stumbled upon your lovely blog. And well, love it! And this post. And the fact that The Hobbit is FINALLY coming out in 348 days :)) And well yeah. :) Look forward to reading more.

    Jeanine :)

    wayfaringgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Sweet comments are the best thing since sliced bread. Unkind comments are the worst thing since hamsters.

But really. Comments make me happy.