Friday, November 25, 2011

thank-full

It's a day later, when most of us are probably recovering from stuffing ourselves with all of the incredible food that makes its way to our tables during this time of the year.  It's all worth it though; Thanksgiving dinner is honestly one of my favorite meals of the whole year.

I got to sleep in--hardcore, till 1pm--yesterday, which was absolutely wonderful.  The rest of the afternoon was busy but relaxing as preparations took place.  My family usually celebrates Thanksgiving with my dad's side of the family, and if not with them, we go to my mom's side.  But this year none of our relatives had a big Thanksgiving celebration--and though at first I was afraid this would jeopardize all the good-food-eating plans I had, it ended up being really nice.  We just had my adopted "aunt" and "uncle" (friends of the family) over for dinner and dessert.

One word: yum.

And after that, I went and met a few friends at the mall to do "black Friday shopping"--which incidentally didn't start (because many places hadn't opened yet) until we were about to leave.  But it was fun all the same.

I have so so so many things to be thankful for.  I take half of them for granted, I know--but recently I was challenged by this question:  "What if you woke up today with only the things you thanked God for yesterday?"  Puts a new perspective on things, hmm?  Well here's a list of things I am grateful for, from a to z. Trust me, there's lots more besides.

Finding Joy | The ABC's of Thanks



Linking up my abc's of thanks.  God is good.

So, happy Thanksgiving, a day late. :)
How was your day, friends?
What are you feeling thankful for?

17 comments:

  1. Cute idea - I like the abc's of thanks :D
    Thanks for the comment you left on my blog! Yes, I love House of Heroes too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the ABC's idea :)
    ~simi//soul sister

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comment on my blog! I must say I find your blog quite lovely-- so much so that I am following it. :) Also, this post was very lovely. My brother and I were about to do that [Black Friday shopping] last night, but we watched Jane Eyre instead. :)
    -Lou

    P.S. I <3 your photography!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, Jack Sparrow definitely makes my "thankful" list :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously, sleeping in until 1? Sounds heavenly. I must remember to try that sometime. Yes, "yum" is exactly the right word to describe Thanksgiving feast. Ooohhh... I adore the ABC's of thanks, even though I missed it this year. Instead of listing them, let's just say that more than half of your alphabet would be on my list too. <3

    Love you, darling!
    -larkin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello!
    I just wanted to drop by to say thank you for commenting on my blog! It means a lot to me, so thank you! :)

    It sounds like you had a lovely Thanksgiving. Ours was celebrated with a few extended family members. The food was great, the company even better. :)

    I very much liked your list! Very creative. :) I was laughing, actually, because if you got that question off of "Girlish Musings", I've seen it too.. the only problem was that my brain was so muddled that day (like it normally is any how..) that I totally didn't understand the question! So, reading it here was nice and made me think a lot! :)

    Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
    In Christ's Service,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like how you did the ABC's for the things you were thankful for. That sounded like you had a nice thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds really nice! I love your ABC of thanks. I did that too. Slept till 1? lucky! My family was almost ready to sit down for our Thanksgiving meal at 1:30 and since everyone came to our house, I was up early getting our house and food and siblings ready :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. sound like you have a wonderful thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a nice comment, Jenn!

    We have so much to be thankful for and I'm glad that many of us take the time to realize the blessings that God's given us. I love your list!

    Jess :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Thanksgiving! It sounds like you enjoyed your holiday - but I can't believe you missed the parade on TV! ;)

    And your list is great! Number three, Captain Jack Sparrow, made me smile. :) Plus I love love love history and photography! :D

    Thanks for stopping by my blog! Hugs! <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your list. :) glad you had a good thanksgiving!

    and why yes, I certainly *do* have a thing for anchors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. sleeping in till 1?! sounds heavenly!
    and i just adore that you made a list of a-z's of what you are thankful for!!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  14. Argh- Robert Redford beat out RUTHIE for R?!?!?! ;)
    jk

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your list! agape love, birthdays, evening chats, friends, history, ice cream, Jesus, photography... yes, yes, yes. p.s. thank you so much for your sweet comment on my blog! i am about to send you an email with a response to it :]

    ReplyDelete
  16. a great list of things to be thankful for! happy thanksgiving :)

    maya xx
    http://theletter-boxx.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Sweet comments are the best thing since sliced bread. Unkind comments are the worst thing since hamsters.

But really. Comments make me happy.