Sunday, December 18, 2011

let me freak out, okay?

It's rant time.

So, my play.  ahem.  Our play.  It's Jane Austen's Emma in case you all forgot.  There's been...complications.

Long story short, our Frank Churchill has been let go because of a conflicting work schedule and consequent missed rehearsals.  Which means...we have less than a month till performances and we've all been rehearsing together since September...and we're going to have to bring in someone new.

Aggghh.

Said new person is old.  By old I mean 28...which, granted, is the same age as our Mr. Knightley (my love interest ha).  But Mr. Knightley is supposed to be older than me.  Frank, on the other hand is the charming young man that comes in and sweeps me--er, Emma that is--off her feet, or so she thinks until she realizes he's been secretly engaged the whole while and Knightley is dah man.  Key word in that sentence: young.  So...28 isn't really cutting it.  He doesn't look at all younger than the guy in our play that's playing his father.

Stupid people.

It'll be fine, I know it will.  I hope it will.  I just want someone my age.  sniff.  It'd be fantastic if you could just pray that it's okay.  I JUST WANT IT TO BE OKAY.  Alright, I'm done.  Thanks.  Sorry.

Oh, while we're at it, would you like to hear another Jenn-freak-out story?  I thought so.  And it happened the very same night I heard about our play.  Too much drama...literally.

Anyway, I had my band concert.  I'm one of two flutists, and I promise I am not just being humble when I say that I'm...not good at flute.  It doesn't help that I'm horribly inconsistent when it comes to practicing.  So, come time for the beginner band to play, Stephen--the only other flutist--wasn't there.  I was praying so hard, getting so nervous, the whole time the beginner band played.  We were on right after them.  The flutes had a solo.  I couldn't do it by myself.  I was ready to publicly disgrace myself and then blot that night from my memory forever and ever amen.  That or turn and run far, far away.

Long story short, Stephen showed up with way too little time to spare.  I punched him and told him that I was going to strangle him--after he played that solo with me.  Agh, too much stress for my poor little self.

SO.  This weekend got off to a rough start.  Thankfully I had some nice relaxing walk-around-the-mall-just-to-browse-and-see-the-lights-and-drink-coffee-with-friends time last night.  I always forget my camera at such times.  sigh.

Oh, and this is a picture of me, as Emma, in costume, with my hair done.  (I'm rather proud of the way I did my hair, actually.  It's period enough without being atrocious.)


Whatcha think?  And how have your weekends been, my dears?  Can you believe Christmas is only a week away?  Agh, forgive me as I freak out once again!

16 comments:

  1. Oh, my! That sounds a bit similar to a fiasco we had with the first play I participated in...We were doing A Midsummer Night's Dream, and both our Titania and Puck had to be replaced only a few weeks before the performance. ^.^ I hope it all works out for you!

    PS: I love your period hairstyle! I was in a production of Pride & Prejudice last summer, and all of the girls had period hair. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh GOSH. that sounds so similar to my OZ fiasco when i had to replace thee of my munchkins and two monkeys two weeks before opening with huge dance numbers, etc.

    URGH. it'll be fine. promise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, you make such a darling Emma! Even though it seems like the show is falling apart, God will pull through, love. I will pray for this show, and best wishes! Argh, I totally understand the flute thing. Being nervous is so much worse when you're depending on someone else. Glad you survived, though. :) Eep, may I say once more that you are stunning! I wish I could see your show - you don't happen to provide free tickets to affectionate blogger friends, do you? ;)

    love,
    larkin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenn, you look perfectly lovely and perfectly "emma-ish"! Hope the play turns out great despite the difficulties.

    -Carli

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pic:) sorry about the drama...will pray!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahaa you're just mad that I'm the only one that gets to marry somebody remotely my age. ;)


    (yes, a wonderfully unsympathetic comment from yours truly...as usual)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh! an Emma play sounds so fun! That's so cool that you get to be Emma.
    I know how you feel about acting with a guy so much older than you. I've had to do that too.

    I will definitely pray for you. I'm sure it'll all work out and it'll be ok.

    I found it such comfort to lean on the Lord during the play I was in(and lean on Him always). He totally helped me.

    YOU'LL DO GREAT!!

    Much love and many blessings and a Merry Christmas!! haha

    ~Madi

    ReplyDelete
  8. I dearly hope it all works out! If it's any consolation, that picture of you is so gorgeous! You are the perfect Emma, seriously.

    Wishing you a deliciously merry and bright week-before-Christmas-time! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry it's been rough! But can I just say that you are BEAUTIFUL and that you look just like I've always thought Emma should.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You literally make the best Emma ever! You look gorgeous, and I'm sure you'll do amazing. --Twenty-eight year old Frank Churchill or not. I'll be praying everything will work out though, and it will. You'll see. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm sorry about your stressful day. Don't worry, everyone has a freak out moment...or two or three...every once in a while. ;)

    You look so pretty in your costume! I wish I could be there to see your play. I love "Emma".

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness!!!! You look like Romola Garai when she played Emma! You look SO beautiful!!! You are definitely going to be amazing. So sorry about the 28 yr. old! At least he's not 38 or 48. :) I'll pray that your performance goes well!
    ~M.J.A.

    ReplyDelete
  13. i absolutely understand! sometimes a little ranting session is all we need. hope you have a better week girlie :)
    xoxo
    simi
    p.s. i'm having a 100 follower giveaway on my blog, if you'd like to join!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look lovely in your period costume! I agree with your assessment of your hair. It looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm terribly sorry to hear that. They should have called me in. I bet I could have improv-ed the role a bit, seeing as I just read the book and found it fit to memorize everything the characters said. :P Hope Christmas finds you feeling better.
    *watching you*

    ReplyDelete

Sweet comments are the best thing since sliced bread. Unkind comments are the worst thing since hamsters.

But really. Comments make me happy.