Wednesday, January 11, 2012

in which i am emotional

Yup, I too have my sappy moments.

---

This song.  I love it to pieces.  It's so beautiful I could cry.



---

Every time I see something like this, my heart does a little sigh.  There's just something about Winnie the Pooh that makes me happy inside.


---

You know that feeling when you've finished a good book that part of your heart was apparently attached to?  And what about when you've finished a whole series?  Yeah, that makes me feel slightly lonely.  The Inheritance Cycle wasn't the absolutely best thing I've ever read, but I liked it.  I liked it a lot.  I was absorbed in the universe of those books in 2008 when the third book came out.  And after waiting three years for the fourth and final installment of the cycle--well, I have this bittersweet feeling now that it's finally over.


---

Uhm, I could just get ridiculously sentimental over this.  I adore Jimmy Stewart, and the fact that he's getting a medal, and he's in his military attire...agh.  It's just so beautiful and noble and perfect.


---

I was given the Les Miserables 25th Anniversary Concert DVD for my birthday, and I couldn't be happier.  It's the next best thing to owning the book (which I want. someday.).  This scene, at the very end--I watched it again, for the bazillionth time, and it still makes me emotional.


Agh.  The look on Jean Valjean's face when Marius says, "Cosette, your father is a saint"--SOB.

---

C.S. Lewis, you've done it again.  This is truly perfect and perfectly true.  Glad there's someone who agrees with me.


---

Something else that makes me emotional?  Little sleep and lots of stress.  Both of which are occurring this week in major proportions.  I have an unhealthy amount of homework with looming deadlines, and Emma opens this weekend.  Prayers that I remain sane until then would be absolutely incredible.  Thanks ya'll.  ♥♥

And hey, since I've let you in on mine, what has recently been bringing out your inner sap?  ;]

14 comments:

  1. I always loved Winnie The Pooh!! Very nice quotes and thoughts! Thanks for posting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Winne the Pooh brings out my inner sap like nothing else. :) Hence--I love this post.

    Praying for you! I wish I could see you perform Emma--I'm sure you'll be amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Winnie the Pooh =Awesomeness :)

    And I will definitely pray for you this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LES MIS! <3 Oh, how I love Les Mis...I got the 25th Anniversary DVD for Christmas. :) Alfie Boe did a phenomenal job as Valjean. And the end makes me just want to sob. Especially the "bring me home" bit. And the way HE'S crying. *sniff* I just love that musical. My absolute favorite.

    And the Winnie-the-Pooh quotes and C.S. Lewis quote just made this post that much better. :)

    Hmm, things that bring out my inner sap? Ah, the songs "All About Us" and "Tell Me" by He is We. <3 They make me melt.

    ~Keaghan

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS: I love how when they pan out over the audience at the end, there's a lady standing there with her mascara streaming down her face. If I ever saw this live, that would be me. Sobbing unashamedly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I usually cry over really dumb things, like certain parts in Lilo and Stitch. Just recently though, I cried while watching Victoria & Albert. The scenes towards the end when Albert is dying just tore me to pieces!

    I think those things you mentioned are great. Les Mis? Yes. Winnie the Pooh? Yes. C.S. Lewis and Jimmy Stewart? Yes. Good picks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've always loved the "Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart" quote. Love love love. And Inheritance! Just finished today. So sad. And beautiful. And good. And gah! Sad it's over.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mais oui, je parle un peu français! Et vous? And yes, Pooh has a special place in my heart as well...especially the original version. Did someone say soul sisters?
    xoxo
    Simi//soul sister ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. me? sappy? *looks around warily*
    *whispers* how did you know?
    ;)

    well. as of late these things have been bringing out my inner sap...
    *anne of green gables
    *c.s. lewis (duh.)
    *"coming attractions" by robin jones gunn
    *proverbs in general :)

    love you, dear! you're amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Observations.
    1. That song is hands down gorgeous.
    2. Winnie the Pooh is deeply wise.
    3. You forgot this quote. “If ever there is a tomorrow when we’re not together, there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we’re apart, I’ll always be with you.”
    -Winnie the Pooh
    4. Sadly, I have felt very emotionless lately. Like a lump of ice. But thinking about Sherlock Holmes death recently has made me emotional. And thinking about the Hunger Games. And Ralph Waldo Emerson's essays on life and love and history.
    *watching you*

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, and the fact that the David Crowder*Band is breaking up makes me sad. Very sad.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Winnie the Pooh :) Did you like the ending of the Inheritance Cycle? I found it disappointing it seemed he was trying to be to much like LOTR but it didn't fit. That's my opinion anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree this is nice one.I love this song.

    ReplyDelete

Sweet comments are the best thing since sliced bread. Unkind comments are the worst thing since hamsters.

But really. Comments make me happy.