Monday, February 20, 2012

sun and snow and love and hope

Sunny snowy days?  Hello gorgeous.  Here in my neck o' the woods, we don't see that all too often.  It is an occasion to be celebrated.
And photographed.


entering this in lucia's black & white love challenge.

One of my favorite quotes/expressions about love is from the musical Les Miserables.  (Are you surprised?)

to love another person is to see the face of God.

It's the last line of the musical, besides a reprise.  God is love, friends.  God is love.

You know that feeling when you have so much going on in your life that you just can't write?  Or the feeling that you have so much going on but so little is happening?  It's overwhelming, and yet it's stifling at the same time.

I'm learning to love hope.  As in, love the hope that hope gives.  Hope in hope.  Cling to it.  Lean on it.  Hope in Jesus.  I have this verse on the wall above my bed:

"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer."  Romans 12:12


I went on a scavenger hunt through the Bible and tried to find a gazillion verses on hope.  That one stood out to me especially.

I have nothing coherent to say, except that I feel like I need an old-fashioned notebook and pen to write and write and write with abandon.  The only problem is that I'm not quite sure what I want to write about.

I want to fly away.  Or at least get away and read for a little bit.  But my reading these days is limited to college textbooks and facebook statuses, both of which get rather old after awhile.  I need me a good book.  I need me time to read a good book.  I need to read the good Book.

I must get time to think, but I must make sure not to over-think.  There's such a fine balance between the two, you know?

Life can be a strange thing sometimes.  Oh, it's beautiful, but man can it be strange.



ps--but speaking of beautiful, will somebody please obsess with me over the Downton Abbey season finale?  pleasepleaseplease?!
it was SO good.  I was waiting for a dreadful cliffhanger, but it was perfect.  bam.
Matthew = ♥.  Matthew + Mary = ♥♥♥ at last.
when Matthew went at that rat of a Sir Richard, I started cheering, loudly.  and the best line ever:
Sir Richard: "I'm leaving in the morning.  I doubt we'll meet again."
the Dowager Countess: "Do you promise?"
she's my hero.  (:  thoughts??

22 comments:

  1. I would be happy to obsess over Downton Abbey anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely, dear :) I have two questions-- what camera do you use? are those your sisters? Because they're super adorbs.
    And in response to your comment on my blog, I use a 50mm 1.8 lens.
    xoxo//soul sister

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes ma'am, those are my little sisters. (: and the camera I've used & have been using is the Fujifilm FinePix S6000fd, though just today my brand new Canon Rebel T3i arrived. sososo excited!

      Delete
  3. Did you just enter my brain and come back out with everything I was thinking? Because it sure feels like it. :) Seriously, you probably will never know how much I thought about the same things you just wrote today. The line where you said so much is going on but it feels like nothing happens. Uh, yah. Welcome to my life. And I'm planning to write as many pages as I can in my journal tonight because I just need to get it all out. So, anyway, thank you for writing this, because it helps to know that I'm not the only one. :)
    p.s. And I've super enjoyed emailing a little with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So jealous of your snow! I also wish i had time to read a good book. Sitting down to read a book that isn't school related doesn't get worked into my schedule very often. I wish it did, I miss reading for hours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love it how your posts can make me smile on the outside and laugh hysterically on the inside.

    Firstly, those pictures are oh-my-snow gorgeous! I wish we had snow here just so I could take some pictures in it. Secondly, your words about love and hope and Jesus are inspiring. Thirdly, I know what you mean about books! I didn't know you read college textbooks though. Sounds intense. ;) Fourthly, please, please let me gush with you over Downton Abbey! Last night, I was foolishly smiling through the whole episode! Ah, it's just too perfect. And the Dowager Countess totally rocks.

    Now I'll stop because this is getting too long! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my goodness, these pictures are gorgeous! the second to last one just makes me smile :)
    seriously, I am now re-inspired to go back and edit all my snow pictures again and try to make them look as pretty as yours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these! And Les Mis? Favorite musical/show ever!

    ~Nina
    http://craftandcreate.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Downton Abbey...YES! I was so so so happy that Matthew and Mary ended up together, I was so thrilled when Matthew punched Sir Richard (*fistpump*) and I burst out laughing hysterically when the Dowager Countess said that. :)

    Oh, and I'm saying this (not as an afterthought) that your pictures were really lovely and beautiful, and I totally know what you mean about life, and reading, and the busyness/not busyness of things. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness.This post was amazing <3

    And YES! YES! Downton Abbey= ahhhhhhhhh!
    And Yes, that quote from Cousin Violet to Sir Richard, Oh my goodness, I was laughing and cheering and... Matthew <3333
    Yes, I would love to obsess over Downton Abbey with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Um, I love these photos. And your entry. Loveliness, Jenoelle...thanks so much for joining us. <3

    -lucia @ lucia, etcetera.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those pictures are so beautiful!!! You have a great eye.

    Kari

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love these! The colors are awesome, and I love the black and white shots, as well (especially the one where it's snowing). :)

    ~Kaylee
    www.whateverrblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I read this immediately and then came back and read it twice more and now I'm commenting. ;)

    HOPE. <3 I have been on many hope-hunts in the Bible. :) Lots of underlined-with-red words.

    Also, the pictures are just stunning. Especially the last three.

    And EXACTLY about so much going on but nothing happening. And Romans 12:12! YES. I want to like write it in sharpie all over my walls. :)

    AND Downton Abbey. Watched it last night and YES, it was satisfying. But I thought it was lame they didn't show any Sybil & Branson. Sheesh. But the satisfaction of Matthew & Mary was absolutely awesome. Perfect way to end--with us wanting more, but also pleased and not furious at them for cliffhangers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, these photos are enchanting! Seriously, I do NOT like Winter, but your photos make me get out in the snow! Gorgeous, gorgeous shots!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dear Jennoelle,

    Your photography pictures are beautiful! I love how fresh and crisp the pictures are, and the one you're entering for the challenge is really lovely =D.

    This is a wonderful verse in the Bible, thanks for sharing.
    In His love,
    ~Joy @ joy-live4jesus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous pictures! We haven't really had any snow in my little corner of the world...

    ReplyDelete
  17. meant to live by switchfoot
    children of the light by lecrae ft sonny sandoval
    falling out by relient k
    all this time by britt nicole
    lose my soul by tobymac ft kirk franklin and mandisa
    i'd need a Savior by among the thirsty
    one shot by hawk nelson
    hold me by jamie grace ft tobymac

    if you need anymore, just say the word (: love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. these photos are so beautiful! and I too love that quote

    ReplyDelete
  19. I absolutely love the one you entered in the photo contest! It reminded me of me and my sister. Have a great day!

    ~Molly~
    mollyslittlecorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I just found your blog and I absolutely love it! These photos are breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete

Sweet comments are the best thing since sliced bread. Unkind comments are the worst thing since hamsters.

But really. Comments make me happy.