Thursday, March 22, 2012

it is frightful not to live.


These purple flowers are the first to spring up every year when the weather starts getting warmer.  They tell me that spring is actually here at last.  I love that they’re constant like that.


Speaking of constant, that’s what I love about the stars.  I feel as if Orion is my constant—even if he’s only around for half the year (and even though my Jesus really is...go listen to this song).  But there’s something so beautiful and heartwarming about being able to look up into the night sky and see him there, along with the Big Dipper (the only other constellation I can seem to find) and the myriads of other stars.  Have I ever mentioned that I love the sky?  I love the sky, period.


That reminds me of those lyrics:

stars
in your multitudes
scarce to be counted
filling the darkness
with order and light
you are the sentinels
silent and sure
keeping watch in the night
keeping watch in the night
you know your place in the sky
you hold your course and your aim
and each in your season
returns and returns
and is always the same

Yes, it’s Les Misérables.  Yes, it’s incredible.  Yes, you should go listen to the song ("Stars").  No, I can't seem to find the link right now.

shiny new pennies make me happy.

While we’re on the topic of musicals, let’s just say that I’ve been listening to a lot lately.  Though I’m not Catholic, I gave up listening to secular (mostly pop) music for Lent, so all of my obscure Christian artists have been reloaded on my iPod (House of Heroes, anyone?).  And since I don’t really consider Les Misérables or Lion King or anything else of that sort to be “secular music,” soundtracks and I have again become best friends.

Not that we ever broke up or anything.  Musicals and I have been going steady for a loonnggg time.

I stink at basketball (the curse of being short) but I love playing it with my brother.

Though I’ve definitely been glad for the break (let’s face it—pop music can be really obnoxious sometimes), it’s been tough because during this time I’ve faced a 20-hour roadtrip with no Coldplay or Jason Mraz or Josh Groban to comfort me—just to name a few of the artists I’ve missed.  I’m dealing with it though.

Oh, that 20-hour car ride?  I happen to be in Florida right now.  Pretty spectacular, if I do say so myself.  It’s the first time I’ve been, which makes me ever so excited.  I’ll tell you all about it upon my return, kapeesh?


Gee, I was so ready for spring break.  What have you been up to?

♥♥
Jenn

12 comments:

  1. Florida sounds pretty amazing. I may, possibly, be a just a bit jealous. ;) Have fun for me, k!
    Lovely photos!

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. These photos are gorgeous! I love that your purple shoes match the purple flowers :) well, sort of.
    I can't wait to hear more about your spring break! Mine's not for another two weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovelylovely photos! so, why are you in florida and why am I not? something has got seriously mixed up there. yeah, I suppose you are soaking up the sun...disgusting. ;-)
    I've been dying from lack of florida (!), waiting for holidays, enjoying the warmer weather and reading lots of books with a cup of coffee in my hand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if you had just let me know beforehand, I would have brought you along. I'm sure there would have been room for you in the luggage trailer. (:

      Delete
  4. that song IS amazing. (i found it on youtube.) have fun in florida! and take LOTS of pictures. if they're anything like the ones i've seen so far, they'll be incredible.

    xo,
    Jessica @ Diary of a Beautiful Soul

    ReplyDelete
  5. i was just in florida last weekend! it sounds like you'll have a lovely time...the weather was amazing (though a little on the hot side) while i was there!

    p.s. loving the purple converse :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. crocuses: YES.
    Orion: YES.
    the sky in general: YES.
    "stars": YES.

    I gave up secular music for Lent last year--that was tough! I admire you holding your ground even with a roadtrip! ;)
    Florida?! make sure and take tons of pictures and tell us all about what you did there! Florida = dream of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Florida sounds amazing right now! My friend lives there and she like to tell me about what nice weather they have there.

    And you're not alone in the stinking at basketball thing--I'm short, too, and I'm horrible at it. haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. All of these photos have such a great perspective I love it.
    I am right there with you about it being time for spring break.
    Ours is the week after this one.
    Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  9. All of the pictures are beautiful!
    WOW, 20hrs! When we go to PA it's about 16hrs; I don't know if I could 20hrs!!!

    Kari

    ReplyDelete
  10. Look at all these beautiful signs of spring - love it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your blog!!! All these pictures are wonderful! I really like the fourth one though!

    ReplyDelete

Sweet comments are the best thing since sliced bread. Unkind comments are the worst thing since hamsters.

But really. Comments make me happy.