Sunday, April 8, 2012

two thousand years


(These are my extraordinary red heels.  I love them.)

I do not mind telling you that within me I find the Easter message and the reality of the Resurrection more beautiful and glorious than the Christmas scene. Christmas tells us that Jesus was born; that He was born for the humiliation of suffering and death and atonement. But Easter is the radiant and glory-filled celebration of Christ's mighty triumph over the grave and death and hell! When Easter comes, our voices are raised in the triumphant chorus: The three sad days had quickly sped; He rises glorious from the dead! There is the real beauty! This is more than the beauty of color; more than the beauty of outline or form; more than the beauty of physical proportion. In the living Christ is the perfection of all beauty; and because He lives, we too shall live in the presence of His beauty and the beauties of heaven, forever!  - A.W. Tozer

Happy Easter, my friends!  I hope you ate a lot of chocolate, hunted for eggs, wore springy dresses, and remembered this most importantly: Jesus didn't die for all of us--he died for each of us--and he rose again in victory conquering death and my sin, and the celebration has lasted two thousand years.  My Savior is alive!

xo,
Jenn

15 comments:

  1. Eep, pictues of the lovely red heels finally; You looks SO beautiful, Jenn! You should do some fashion posts more often. ;) Hope you had a wonderful Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so gorgeous, dear! :)
    And this part: "Jesus didn't die for all of us--he died for each of us". Wow. I've never thought about that before.
    p.s. Emailing you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The shoes. Are fabulous. <3 The end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Easter! You are beautiful! Your hair is getting so long...I love it! And those heels are super cute! I decided not to wear heels today...instead I wore my converse tennis shoes with my skirt and top. Haha! ;) Hope you had a fantastic day!

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  5. agh. the shoes! love love love. and beautiful words, too! happy easter, jenn. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. confession: I didn't eat any chocolate. not even one bite all weekend. shocking, I know. LOVE your heels girl! happy easter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those heels are amazing. I am getting some like those. Soon. Anyway, I love Resurrection day, because it reminds me of Jesus victorious over the devil, who thought he had won. I really like how you said "Jesus didn't die for all of us, He died for each of us." So true!
    ~Lia
    www.discovercaptivating.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. amen and amen! love the words and the fashion, soul sista!! xx.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I ate chocolate, I hunted eggs, and I didn't wear a dress. Probably a good thing that I didn't wear a springy dress.
    Those are quite fantabulous shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those red heels are absolutely stunning (don't you love getting to dress up for Easter? Three cheers for springy dresses!). And the A.W. Tozer quote is beautiful. Hope you had an amazing holiday, Jenn!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Easter! :)
    Your red heels lovely!
    and I love your dress!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The shoes? Ach! Love em'!! The dress is super cute, too!
    Happy Easter! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Jen! I'm one of your newest followers, I love your blog.... and the red shoes :) Blessings Amy x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love all of this.

    your red shoes = <3

    ReplyDelete

Sweet comments are the best thing since sliced bread. Unkind comments are the worst thing since hamsters.

But really. Comments make me happy.