Friday, June 29, 2012

intentional summer.

“Stuff your eyes with wonder, live as if you'd drop dead in ten seconds. See the world. It's more fantastic than any dream made or paid for in factories.”  - Ray Bradbury 

summer is for living. 
not just existing, but living. 

the best summers really aren't the ones where you sit in a hammock and read fluffy novels and eat popsicles every day (although this should definitely happen). 

make your summer intentional--live every piece of it up to the hilt.

make a reading list of tough books and improving books and glorious summer books.
need inspiration? start with Dandelion Wine and A Million Miles in a Thousand Years
push someone into the ocean, eat pie with your hands.
get out of your comfort zone and love people even when it's tough.
stay up all night talking to a best friend about what really matters. 
do what you've never done to get where you've never been.

live big, live splashy, live intentionally.

change the world.


-Polka Dot



      8 comments:

      1. Ohhh! Me likie the post! Me really, really like!
        ~Aidyl

        ReplyDelete
      2. beautifully said! my sis and I had the same idea this summer--it makes it beautiful! And life in Summer is busy! (then again, maybe it's just because my big bro got married and my sister & her husband are moving into a house.....)

        ReplyDelete
      3. Fabulous post, Susannah dear. =) This is all fabulous!

        ReplyDelete
      4. Beautiful post! You have officially inspired me. Hope you're having a great, big, splashy summer!

        Katie

        ReplyDelete
      5. I just found your blog for the first time. I love this post. I have never cared for summer much myself, especially with living in the heat of TX, but this made me want to appreciate it more.

        ReplyDelete
      6. Beautiful post. I've always wanted to eat pie with my hands...

        ReplyDelete
      7. love this, and love you. I've finally been able to dig into some summer reading, and I'm loving it. and that quote is perfect. the end.

        ReplyDelete
      8. Two things that make me admire you from the start.
        A: You referenced and recommended Ray Bradbury.
        B: You didn't introduce yourself at the end of your post like all these other weird people.
        Cheers.

        ReplyDelete

      Sweet comments are the best thing since sliced bread. Unkind comments are the worst thing since hamsters.

      But really. Comments make me happy.