Wednesday, June 13, 2012

taking the time + exciting news || guest post by Jess


Hey there lovelies!
Jess here from over at Yours Truly, and I get the awesome pleasure of doing a guest post while Jenn is living it up in France! Three cheers for how amazing Jenn is?


I've been thinking lately about just taking the time. Taking the time to sit with my family and just talk. Taking the time to go for a walk while the sun's out, because I can always finish that post off later.

Taking the time to laugh about how today I practically dropped everything that I was holding and how I banged my head on a cupboard door; because laughing is so much better than getting annoyed about it.

Taking the time to be still and know that He is God, instead of being distracted by everything that comes your way.

So. These next few weeks, I am determined to just take the time. I mean, I'm still going to blog, but I'm going to just get off the computer once I'm done and spend some time doing the things that actually matter. Because banging your head on cupboard doors really matters.

Wanna join me? In just taking the time? Let's get our patooties offa the computer and let's drop things and do random gravity checks and drink tea with Mama and watch Iron Man with brother and write thoughts down and dance in the kitchen.
Ok? Let's just go for it.

Oh! And another thing. I'm taking the time in a few weeks to meet up with Jenn in London. Talk about freaking-out-so-excited. To hear more about it, hop on over here and watch the video I made where I chatted like a chipmunk about it all.


hey there! I'm jess. I blog over at your truly, where I ramble about lots of good, weird and real stuff.

I'm ridiculous. and way too talkative. and crazy loyal to my country.
I take photos, I write stories, I sing songs, I play music. and I love Jesus. so much. aaannnd, I'm a New Zealander living in England.

pop over to yours truly why dontcha? I'd love to meet you!

16 comments:

  1. Loved this post! :) Oh, and that laptop looks strangely familiar....I think we have the same laptop! Mine's name is Martha, and she often seems to have a mind of her own. ;) Have a wonderful day!

    http://trueelegance92.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. luuuucky you you get to meet her!! RAD!!! (:

    x.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post Jess! I agree (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll definitely join you in taking the time :) Oh, and I have the same laptop as you...just thought I'd let you know that. I hope you and Jenn have fun together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. jess, you are just awesome. and i am super jelly that you'll be meeting up with jenn. gah. have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So good. Thanks for sharing. :-)

    --Megan
    www.immeganjune.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautifully written! Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was feeling convicted about the same thing...I will join you! Thanks so much for posting it!
    -Emily

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yow...taking time for real life. Now you're hitting where it hurts :) Thanks for the reminder...it's something I needed to hear (as much as I didn't want to hear it ;]).

    p.s. epicly awesome about getting to meet Jen...have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome post, Jess. :) It's so cool that you got to guest post on here!
    I need to do better about that too! - I need to take the time and go spend it with friends and family, instead of always being on the computer. And most importantly, let Jesus be my time, first and always, instead of being on here all the time.
    This is random, but can you really sing? <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. It was great to meet you over skype Jess! I've been emailing Jenn while she's in France... have an awesome time in London with her and Grant, so excited for you all! And cheer REALLY LOUD for Phantom of the Opera! :D GIve Jenn a hug for me and tell her I miss her ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was awesome meeting you too! I bet she's lurving it. haha, oh we will be cheering really loud...and we'll probably look like weirdos - well, I probably will ;-) oh, I will! I'll give her a huge hug from you.

      Delete
  12. Loving the Wallace & Gromit mug! My old roommate used to have a W & G alarm clock that was always a hoot. Great post! With our fast-paced lives, it's difficult to remember that we do need to take the time out for the truly important things in life like family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I feel you!! I haven't necessarily been bothered by being on the computer all the time but I'm going to start blogging less. I think I blog too much about stuff that isn't exciting so I'm going to try to post less pictures/post only pictures I'm super excited about. :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  14. you are so right on in this, and AAHHH I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU.

    ReplyDelete

Sweet comments are the best thing since sliced bread. Unkind comments are the worst thing since hamsters.

But really. Comments make me happy.