Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Joy & Sophia | senior portraits

So, these are super late.  But back in May I got to take senior pictures for these two friends o' mine.  We had so. much. fun.  They're twins (you'd never think so, right?), and both so photogenic, and we just walked around town and snapped photos as we went.  And then had ice cream as a reward, of course.

Joy is the redhead (totally natural. unfair.), and Soph is the brunette.  (Also look at the colors of both of their eyes--stunning, right?)  It was really great getting to do individual portraits but then some of them together too.  The ones of them laughing together--oh, so telling of their personalities.  I love it.  And aahh do you have any idea how exciting it is to receive a grad party invite in the mail with your photos on it?  I love that feeling.

I've been messing around with my editing style recently, trying to find something that I really like and that just...fits.  We'll see how that ends up.



In other news, I spent last weekend in Cincinnati with my extended family--my cousins had a big birthday party, and we spent some time with my grandma.  It was a lot of fun--full of cute movies, sweet treats, aaaand a trip to King's Island.  I got to take my little sisters on some of the bigger roller coasters for the first time, which was great fun for me and just a little terrifying for them.  They approved of my favorite coaster though, so that's a good thing.  I've trained them well.

What have you all been up to?  Following the Olympics much?  Can you believe it's going to be August?!

22 comments:

  1. These are SOO beautiful! You did a great job with them all!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these pictures Jenn! I couldn't not, considering the beautiful friends in them, but really, you did fantastic. They're gorgeous, and the colors are so vibrant, and everything's just fabulous! And ohmyword, you did capture their personalities. LOVE the faces they made. Priceless! xD So. Yeah. You are my favorite photographer. :)
    -Abigail

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous girls and gorgeous shots! my word, Jenn... you are the master. would you consider flying down to Georgia to shoot my senior pictures? ;)

    xoAnnaKate
    godlygirlz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "you are the master" may or may not have made my day. and yes please, fly me down and I'd LOVE to do them! ;)

      Delete
  4. These are really great pictures, Jenn! The girls look so lovely together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Jenn! Those are amazing pics! Such pretty twins. =) And I'm fearfully jealous of the red hair... I was wondering, what do you use to edit your photos?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! I use Photoshop for all my editing. (:

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much! I recently bought my first camera, and I'm looking into different editing software. I was really leaning toward Photoshop, so I was hoping that's what you would say! =)

      Delete
  6. These are beautiful! And the red hair? Yeah, that's pretty awesome. I'm just a little jealous. Amazing pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. they are both so ridiculously pretty! and your shots? da bomb.

    xo, Jessica @ Diary of a Beautiful Soul

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are the cutest! Love these photos Jenn! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Would you believe me if I told you I've never been on a roller coaster? It's the honest truth, I've gotta say. But! That will hopefully change when we go to Holiday World come August. ;) It sounds like you all had a fabulous time! And beautiful pictures, Jenn!

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  10. These photos are lovely! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's unbelievable that it's August already! Ahhh! Where did the summer go?

    These are fabulous Jenn. That red hair is oh my goodness so beautiful. Love the new editing technique. They seem a little softer perhaps???

    ReplyDelete
  12. ok, so I am veeeerrrry jealous of that red hair. and their eyes are f-a-b-ulous. these pictures are SO great jenn! you did a fantastic job! my fave pics are the first ones, the middles ones and the ones at the end. and any in between ;-D I lurrrve 8 and 12! ah! I need to email you...and we need to skype. soonsoonsoon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my word. They have to be the cutest twins ever! Great photo shot. I love the pose's and ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  14. They both are beautiful girls! Such lovely photographs! And yes, the laughing ones are my favourite! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh my goodness, they are adorable! you did a great job capturing their smiles :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are so great. They look so light and happy.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I has pretty friiieeennndddsss. Good job sista :)

    ReplyDelete

Sweet comments are the best thing since sliced bread. Unkind comments are the worst thing since hamsters.

But really. Comments make me happy.