Sunday, August 19, 2012

a last hurrah


I'm sitting in the living room as I write this.  All the lights are out and there's only the hum of A Knight's Tale playing on the TV, the keys on Cassie's laptop clicking as I type, and the occasional laughter from three girls.

Oh yes.  Cassie's laptop.  I'm with Cassie!  In Montreal.  I couldn't mention this before, but for Cassie's birthday last week, my mom and I made the long drive to surprise her.  It was...grand.  And the past few days have been spent with her in and about Montreal, meeting her friends and coworkers here, being shown around her favorite places, and generally having a good time being with my best friend again for a couple days.  I love her, amen.

This has been my last summer hurrah, really.  These past few months have been full of adventures--literally chock-full.  And in a few days I start school, so with this week, this trip, this small, short, relaxing time, my summer comes to a full end.  But more on that later, because I have different stories and pictures for ya'll (Cassie: "You must take photos of me; I need new profile pictures!").

Also, I'm coming home Monday, and bringing with me Clara.  Clara is a friend of Cassie's (and now mine) who lives here in Quebec, but she's originally from France.  She's spent some time with us here and it was spontaneously decided that she would come home with us for two weeks before school starts for her to practice her English and have an adventure of her own.  So yeah.  That happened.  And it should be an exciting time.  I'm sure you'll hear all about it.

How crazy awesome is that?  We met Clara, joked about her coming to live with us for awhile, and now I'm bringing home an adopted French sister for awhile.  Dude.  People need to be spontaneous like this more often.

Also, it's really weird to be watching A Knight's Tale, because my only other acquaintance with it is when I was driving home from New York City and the girls were watching it in the back seat.  So I've heard the whole thing, but haven't seen it.  It's odd, because I've already formed opinions on it after hearing it all.  Strange, and funny.  Anyway.

Tell me about your lives.  Summer ending?  School starting?  Adventures happening?  Okay bye.

:), Jenn

17 comments:

  1. have an absolute blast with Cassie, Jenn. =) I know you're glad to see her!

    and a Knight's Tale? how had we not talked about this before? you MUST see it and you MUST like it. ;) it's a little fantastic. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about last hurrahs...it's craziness but I mostly love it. ;)

    And also, a Knight's Tale is much wonderfulness. Watch and love. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that sounds like so much fun!
    Odd that you would mention A Knight's Tale, I've never watched it before and this week I was talking with my older sister and we've decided we have to watch it.


    I hope you have a wonderful time with Cassie for the rest of the time you're there, and that you have a really great time with Clara while she visits! Have fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been having my few last hurrahs of summer. It's so sad... I can't believe it's August. School starts this week for me. I'm not quite sure how I feel about it... haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to meet Clara! And I'm so glad you're having a lovely time :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, Montreal! And surprise trips! And spontaneous decisions! All fun things. My summer has been full of adventures too, and my last hurrah will be a trip up to Kansas City to see my family this week. School starts the day after I get home, so that's something I'm both looking forward to and dreading.
    Hope you're having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE YOUUU!!! Treat Clara like a sister and talk to her in french :)))

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's so cool how you made a new friend and now you're bringing her home! I totally agree, people need to be more spontaneous like that! Hope your last few days of summer are lots of fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey there! Summer ended last week for me when I started school. It's my first full-time college semester, which is exciting. But I had a fantastic summer. And it looks like you did too! Yay! Have a safe trip home. :)

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  10. These pictures are perfection. Just... wow.
    And A Knight's Tale. YES. Oh my, you must let us know when you watch it all the way through... we should gush.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. ah, lady, you are so dang gorgeous. how awesome is it seeing your sister after all that time? wickedness. I can't believe that summer is almost over...that is certainly NOT minty biscuits.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I want to hear everything (else that you didn't meinton...?)! So 1.) come over to my house, or invite me to yours. Or let's get coffee. Or something. 2.) Let's get to the selfless part of me, FOLLOW MY BLOG. Jennifer. (not directed at any other people, unless you would like to follow my blog. I typically don't demand strangers to follow my blog. I'm lovely like that) 3.) Jennifer. Will you pleaty, pleaty please design my blog? Please? 4.) I really, really like the picture of your golden locks, it makes me happy. 5.) This comment is too long, but I want to meet Clara. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aubs, maybe if she designs your blog, you could get her to design mine, too? Since like, I’m pretty much your bestest friend ever (or pretty close to it anyhow), and you’re *her* friend? Oh well, maybe I should do this the right way and ask her myself…?
      ~Aidyl

      Delete
  14. You're so cute! And the shots are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good grief. You are so utterly gorgeous.

    xo.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good grief. You are so utterly gorgeous.

    xo.

    ReplyDelete

Sweet comments are the best thing since sliced bread. Unkind comments are the worst thing since hamsters.

But really. Comments make me happy.