Monday, August 6, 2012

parentheses + THE europe video

hello mah fraaands!  soooo.  so.  hmm.

^that is me trying to figure out if there's anything interesting to tell you.  because right now the most interesting thing in my life is that I'm painting our garage.  and I'm not sure if this means anything to you, but last week I had just about the worst day of my life involving painting the garage and the vet (no, the two aren't related at all), but then Grant took me to see The Dark Knight Rises that night and we even got free popcorn.

this weekend I was spontaneously called to work at the shooting center (GUNS WOOHOO) where I've had a summer job for several years (but missed earlier this summer because...I was in Europe, yo).  so off I went.  I worked a different part...not trapshooting like I usually do, but this event called sporting clays which is much more interesting and all the shooters are so much nicer.  I didn't understand it; I even asked them why the trapshooters were so cranky and they were so friendly.  they laughed at me.

I'm healing from a few days of suffering from a monstrous sunburn--seriously, I haven't been this fried in my whole life.  (just kidding, because I can remember some pretty painful days as a little kid after days spent at the beach.)  the first day of trapshoots I forgot sunscreen (genius) and was placed to work at the one station that was in direct sunlight all day long, probably because my supervisor hates me.  (except he really doesn't; he was just punishing me for leaving him for Europe, hah.)  all the shooters were coming up to me offering me sunscreen (thank the Lord) and drinks (alcoholic and otherwise...) because I'm sure you could actually watch me turning redder as the day went on.  so much pain.  plus I wore this shirt that my friend Abigail calls my bandit face shirt, because the back has this criss-cross design that looks like a mask.  so besides the fact that I'm sunburned, I also am sunburned with really awkward tan lines.  joy.

th'other night I went to a musical that my friend Andrew co-wrote (stupid musical talent), and that my friend Ben was acting in.  it was hilarious and great and it's just a lot of fun when you know people involved.  I went with my friend Gracie (and Grant, and my mom, because all my friends love my mom more than they love me), and she and I could not stop laughing.  and then we went to Steak n' Shake afterwards and had a lot of funny/awkward moments involving the straw game (please tell me you've played this) and Gracie's stuffed animal penguin named Jake (who obviously came to Steak n' Shake with us).

so.  SO.  I need to head back to hacking my brother's facebook and painting the garage, but I shall leave you with this video I made of our adventures in Strasbourg, Paris, and London.  ahh so many memories.  I've been home from Europe a month and three days, which is just crazy because it seems like yesterday.  and because I still haven't even talked to you kids about half of what happened.  don't worry--you're not escaping that.



enjoy and have a fabulous week!  (and also use lots of parentheses because they're fun.)

12 comments:

  1. the video was lovely! Paris looks go gorgeous!
    and I am right there with you on that sunburn thing. I hate them. I got a bad one and I resembled a lobster. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU MENTIONED ME IN YOUR BLOG. I feel famous now.
    And goodness. Way to make me even more jealous by giving me a five-minute peek at everything that I missed because I didn't actually stow away in your suitcase. Everything, EVERYTHING, looked fabulous, Jenn. And I am still very jealous of you. But I love you anyways. ;) Good luck getting rid of the bandit eyes on your back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, that was perfectly lovely, gorgeous, and amazing. I got really excited whenever the Eiffel Tower made an appearance :D

    P.S. What was your brother eating? Escargots?!?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes! escargot--he was determined to try it, so we got a plate. and I actually liked it. (:

      Delete
  4. "All my friends love my mom more than they love me"--lol, I totally know that feeling.

    Loved the video! How long were you in Europe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. four weeks, minus one day. craziness.

      Delete
  5. Thank you for giving us a little bit of insight into your whirlwind Europe trip, it was lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe one day you'll be as amazing as your mom.

    Also, glad you enjoyed the play... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Great video! Loved it.

    Okay, Jenn, another Photoshop question if you don't mind. =) Which version do you have? Do you like it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. let's see, I have Adobe Photoshop 7.0--in other words, it's a really old version. but it's all I have, so yes, I like it. I'm sure a newer version would be splendid, though.

      Delete
  8. Hello, Jenn! I just wanted to stop by and say that your sweet comment on my guest post at Libri made my day. :) I would love to get to know you better — between Les Mis, The Scarlet Pimpernel, and Count, I'm sure we'd have a lot to talk about. ;)

    Much love,
    — Elizabeth Rose
    www.lizzyslovelylibrary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I went to Paris and London in April and just watching your video makes me want to go back! :) And hope your sunburn heals quickly, I read that putting tea on it helps.

    ReplyDelete

Sweet comments are the best thing since sliced bread. Unkind comments are the worst thing since hamsters.

But really. Comments make me happy.