Sunday, October 14, 2012

so much to say, so little time to say it

my yard in autumn? mhmm.

My life my life my life.

You would not believe.  You would not believe how crazy it's been, how many ups and downs and interesting and hard and wonderful and funny things that happen that just keep life chock-full and insane.

October is a much friendlier month than September, I've concluded.  September kind of dumps school on your lap and laughs when you try to protest that summer shouldn't have ended yet.  October...October just smiles and gives you a hug.  It gives you a hug when you're laughing, and when you're crying, and when you're too busy for either.  (creepy? it's just what came to mind okay, gosh. besides who wouldn't want a perpetual hug...or is that just me...awkward. I'm going to stop now.)

This girl is taking 17 credits of just thrilling college work (for those of you that don't know: that's a lot).  I'm blowing my own mind.  Besides that I have the play--oh gosh sakes, the play.  I don't think I even told you guys about the play!  I'm incredibly rude, can you ever forgive me?

So!  Back in...oh gee, I don't know when that was.  August?  Yeah, I think August.  I auditioned for The Legends of Sleepy Hollow ("Legends" being plural because it is a mash-up of Sleepy Hollow and Rip Van Winkle and unlike you'd think is quite hilarious) with my dear little community theatre.  I got a small role, Marta, one of the village girls.  Basically I get to stand onstage and make eyes at the boys the whole time.  So it comes naturally is funny.  I do get to dance, which is tons of fun, and! and! I get to sing too.  The girls have a little choir thing in one scene and we have epic three-part harmony going on and it's pretty lovely.  I just love to sing, guys.  So yes, that's kept me busy.

Also, I love theatre.  Just...adore it beyond words to express it.  I'm in the process of looking at colleges to apply to and figuring out programs and what I want to study, and while I'm not sure if it's something I'll keep as a hobby or do in college or if I'm really any good or how impractical it is, I really really just want to do theatre forever and ever amen.  It's my passion.  I love it to pieces.

School and theatre--those are the two consistencies in my life, with many other things thrown in.  Things like:
-absurd amounts of pumpkin spice lattes
-getting lost and laughing over it
-new shoes
-chilly mornings on campus that turn into breezy perfect afternoons
-oversleeping/traffic jams causing me to be late to class
-concerts
-making new friends
-daydreaming about a week long nap
-long phone calls (my favorite)
-stargazing on the roof
-beaucoup d'autres

Okay, over and out, friends.  Have a smashing week. (...but don't really smash anything; I really don't recommend it.)


ps--your encouragement and feedback on my last post was just so overwhelming. I couldn't have imagined with how personal it was to me that it would have touched so many of you, and...yeah. thank you. thank you.
pps--this girl is on tumblr. say whaaat. I'm not sure if I really understand it (though I will say that Rebekah and her tumblr are like my heroes in life). I think it's going to teach me how to be an old cat lady, right?

17 comments:

  1. um, so I want to see your yard in autumn...can I come? please? thanks. also, you're cute. also, come to england and do theatre and I will write your plays. oh, and also, I wub you. and I miss you. did you just say pumpkin spice lattes????

    ReplyDelete
  2. My life has been like yours lately also.. BUSY, and full of up's and down's.
    YOUR LUCKY your yard looks like fall.. Mine looks like summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love you, that's all.
    I know you will do fantabulously in the play and with juggling school and all...I'm praying for you!
    -simi
    p.s. you better start writing me a letter :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. these pictures are lovely!love autumn! pumpkin spice lattes are the best, everrrr!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The play sounds like a lot of fun! So glad for you!
    -mal

    ReplyDelete
  6. Busy, busy, busy! I am so very happy that you got another part, and it's pretty awesome that you get to *sing.* And your yard in autumn? Yes, Please. xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your October sounds crazy busy but also sounds like a wonderful blessing! Remember, the Lord uses our difficult (and that can mean super busy and stressful) times to bring us closer to Him and help us grow! I agree with you about October being like one big hug, I love this month!

    Btw, I don't know if this will sound odd but I just finished reading a book that I think from reading your posts may help you! I think it could actually help any young woman. It is Authentic Beauty by Leslie Ludy, you could look it up on Amazon, GoodReads, or something. This book is amazing, the Lord really used it to speak to me. It really convicted me of a lot of areas in my life and at the same time showed me ways that I could become closer to our Lord and improve in those areas.

    Have a wonderful day!
    ~Rachel Keeth // Lavender And Honey.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The second picture? Aaaahhhh, it's soooo lovely. I wish we had a tree like that in our front yard. :) our leaves are hardly changing yet. :) And Jenn, I just love how personable you are. your posts are always fun to read and I can relate to you and feel welcome. (does that make sense?) haha
    Theater! Yes, it is amazing! I am super excited to be auditioning for a Little Women play next month. :)And singing? I love it too. I'm always singing and when I get to sing in plays it's just the best. Have fun with your performances!

    Blessings!

    -Madi

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love theatre! And your yard as well. :D
    You sound like an interesting person.
    Smile.
    ~Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree that your yard looks wonderful in the beautiful autumn weather.

    I'm glad you're doing so brilliantly in all of your current projects and activities.

    ReplyDelete
  11. yeesh, i want your yard. also, you make me giggle. also, pumpkin spice lattes. now i'm drooling. thanks. also, tumblr. you rule. there, i'm done. xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love October. And hugs. I like those too. So October hugs sound good to me. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have captured fall perfectly. October is my favorite month..it's just so likable, lovely, inviting, fall-ish, etc. Love your post!

    ReplyDelete
  14. so, I love these photos. and your life right now sounds crazy and awesome! stargazing on the roof? <3 I want to hear more about that.

    and your tumblr!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I`m a big lover of autumn, so you can image how happy I was when I saw your pictures and read your words! Well done, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love fall and your yard is so pretty with the fallen leaves! And yes, pumpkin spice lattes are a must!

    ReplyDelete

Sweet comments are the best thing since sliced bread. Unkind comments are the worst thing since hamsters.

But really. Comments make me happy.