Thursday, November 8, 2012

I was going to tell you.

wonderful quality cell phone pics. cuz sometimes that's all I have. deal.

I was going to tell you that I got to visit my friend last week as she worked at the coffeeshop nearby, and she took me behind the counter and showed me how to make drinks a little and I got on tumblr and just spent time with her for a little while.  It's kind of great having a barista friend who lets me do that.

I was going to tell you about last weekend when I went to dance with one of my best friends and a heap of my theatre peeps were there and a friend came back from college and we sang too loud and I danced the night away and got no pictures because I was...well, dancing.  I borrowed my sister's dress and barely wore my heels and sat up late laughing much too hard at youtube video quotes and Les Mis jokes and stood in the driveway in the cold talking until one of the best nights of my life was over.

I was going to tell you how my dear friend is leaving me to move to Maryland and I thought that dance and then sitting in Tim Horton's afterward was going to be the last time I saw her, but then we spontaneously met up at Chipotle the other day.  It was nine at night but we got to hang out one last time and I was squeaking ridiculously because the upper half of my vocal range was/is gone from too much singing (no worries, I kind of sound like Adele now).

I was going to tell you how I get to see one of my oldest long time friends nearly every day on campus because she's always creeping on me from across the way, and she even lets me take a nap on a couch in the library instead of talking to her.  This is true love, guys.

I was going to tell you that whenever I'm feeling particularly tired or stressed about projects that I have due or just life in general, my little sisters have taken to writing me notes or bringing me food (or both) in order to make me feel better.  They even gave me some of their special chocolate and I'm pretty sure they've been saving that since last Valentine's Day so it's really special.

I was going to tell you how grateful I am to have made lovely friends in my theatre class that love and appreciate it (almost) as much as I do and how several of us got dinner yesterday before heading to see a show on campus together.  The Mystery of Edwin Drood, it was, and I knew a girl in it, and it was funny and fantastic, like an interactive murder mystery musical where the audience decided the end of the show.  There's seriously nothing I love more than going to a play.

I was going to tell you how much my friends mean to me and the wonderful times I get to spend with them and how I love each of them so differently yet so dearly.  But I think the words to do it justice escape me.  So really all I have to say is that I feel like this is really honestly true.  That's all.

16 comments:

  1. I know how you feel! My friends are so dear to me, I just can't put it into words that are wonderful enough. I love that quote!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must say two things: one, I was reading and was like, "THAT'S ME!" and it made me super excited. I feel special. And a little famous. Just sayin. And two, I love you. Like, a lot. And your words, as always, are lovely. Just like you.
    -Abigail

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate friends moving away... I hope the process is easy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved, loved, loved this post. I hate that a friend of yours is moving away, Jenn. I've been that girl, and all I can say is email her, text her, and make sure she knows how much ya love her! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was simply beautiful, Jenn. I firmly believe that soul mates exist -- that there is a reason every friend you've ever had has been brought into your life, and that even when you part ways with someone, they're still with you because they're apart of what has made you who you are.

    Also, DO WE EVER GET TO HEAR YOU SING? Pleeeeeeeease, with lots and lots of chocolate on top. :o)

    xo, jess

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would really love to hear you sing, Jenn. And this was a beyond lovely post. Soul mates and kindred spirits are rare and beautiful things.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This post is wonderful. So, so, wonderful. I can relate to almost all of these. Dear friends are such a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm hosting a gift exchange if you would like to join!
    http://www.alifeworthliving-katherine.blogspot.com/2012/11/its-your-birthday-gift-exchange.html

    Great pics btw

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can really relate to just about all of these.

    Wonderful post :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was going to tell you that this post is beautiful. and I was going to tell you, shutup, stop showing me pictures of your huge yard. and I was going to tell you that I'm too tired to think straight, so this comment isn't really going anywhere. also, I was going to tell you that...I'm leaving in 4 FLIPPIN days! ok. I'm not rubbing it in or anything. AND, I was going to tell you that I miss you. ok. I'm done.

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE this post, Jenn. Really. How blessed you are to have such real and true friends in your life.
    Blessings!

    -Madi

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cool, you must really like theatre and singing and all that! Your friends sound awesome!
    ~Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  13. At everyone who wants to hear Jenn sing: YES. PLEASE. THE SUSPENSE IS KILLING ME.

    ReplyDelete
  14. hey guys she's promised to record a video of us singing together soon so yeah cool k its coming chill. :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sorry to hear about your friend moving away...a very close friend moved to CA several years ago but then a few years later moved about thirty minutes away...so...yeah...you never know what could happen :) And long distance relationships are...special. Hard sometimes but special. And, speaking from experience, Maryland is a pretty awesome place to live :P AND this is a lovely post and friends are a blessing...a lot of work but well worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Jenn, this is a lovely post! You are so blessed to have amazing friends and this post is just so beautiful!!
    Britney
    http://lemonwoodandhoney.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Sweet comments are the best thing since sliced bread. Unkind comments are the worst thing since hamsters.

But really. Comments make me happy.