Friday, November 2, 2012

some list love in the fall time



I've been making a couple lists recently.

Wait.  Let me back up.

Hi, my name is Jenn, and I love lists.  Just love them.

Okay, so now that we cleared that out of the way, let me tell you about the lists I've been making recently.

The first one is probably of little interest to anyone but myself, but it's a list of personal heroes.  Like, people I know in real life who inspire me/I look up to/want to be like when I grow up. (even if they're a decade younger than me. yes it happens.)  Because see, if someone asks me who my hero is, I always say C.S. Lewis (and let's face it, he is).  And other than that, I throw the term around rather loosely for various people (my sister ) for a plethora of reasons.  But making this list, see--it's made me realize how many people in life I have to look up to...and really how so many people I know have at least one thing about them that I really really admire.  (yup even the seven year old.) (she has a love life, that's how I aspire to be like her.) (wait what.)

Moving swiftly on.

The other list, which is perhaps more interesting, is simply of my favorite things.  Cliche perhaps (and this is kind of the cheesy beginnings of things that come to me off the top of my head), but guess what?  I don't care.  hah.  So if you care to know, here are a few of my favorite things.

-girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes
-snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes
-silver white winters that melt into springs

...I mean, I warned you that it was cliche, right?

ahem.  My list:

-Les Mis (I thought we'd get that one out of the way)
-playing the piano
-notebooks & stationery
-inside jokes
-raspberry tea
-songs that remind me of a certain time/experience/person
-clouds
-stars
-the sky in general
-being told I'm good at something I love
-hugs (especially big long ones)
-The Lion King
-people who have a good vocabulary
-pajama pants
-phone calls
-stories that move me
-scarves
-finding people who are as nerdy passionate about something as I am
-quote collecting
-good hair days
-things I've waited a long time for
-french fries
-knowing I could trust someone with anything
-theatre 
-bonfires
-Jack Sparrow
-crackers, goat cheese, and craisins
-naps
-humorous youtube videos
-people watching
-singing
-reading things I wrote a long time ago and being able to remember things so vividly
-good grammar
-(pumpkin spice) lattes
-late-night-in-person conversations
-winks
-making people laugh
-laughing with people
-handwritten letters
-cheesecake
-(especially British) accents
-knowing someone for a long, long time

...and that's all I have for now, though I'm sure it will continue to grow.  These things just make me happy.  (Also what makes me happy is November which means my birthday and Thanksgiving and good food and break and oh yay happiness.)

k. Have a great weekend, friends.

18 comments:

  1. Hi. My name is Jess and I love lists. Just love them.
    this is 'list-addicts annon' right? coz I have an addiction to lists. they are just so dang lovely. also, I agree with and love and grin blatantly at your list. unashamed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. gaaaasp. it's your birthday coming up! you're gonna be 13 right? mwuahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another fellow list-writer! *hifives* Mmm, I should write one of these. Happy early birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let me guess, you're also a notebook addict.
    Cause I'm a list person and I have a gazillion notebooks for my lists.
    Have a good weekend yourself(:
    xx riley

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome lists. :) and girl, these pictures are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lists are beast. And you spelled craisins wrong so you can't be that big of a grammar person. Have a lovely afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jenn, you seriously write such fun posts and always make me smile. I weite lists too but mostly when I want to remember what to pack for a trip or when I need to know what I should get done in a day, I LOvE your list ideas though. Hmmm. I think you've inspired me.
    Oh! And I didn't get to comment on your last post but I just wanna say that yes, theater is sooo much fun and amazing and lots of hard work and rewarding! I love it. :) Hope you can continue pursuing your love of theater.

    Blessings!

    -Madi

    ReplyDelete
  8. YES, Jess... this is why we're friends. We just need to start a list-addict anonymous club. And C.S. Lewis forever! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can identify with so many of those :) Especially people watching, laughing, British accents, and good grammar :)
    -mal :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh yay happiness. :) that november is! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay, I love lists! And your list...seriously, do we like all the same things? *goes through list* yep, I think we do. ;D

    xoxo//bree

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lists are wonderful things. Yours is simply delightful. So are all those lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I will have to agree about writing lists. They let you take all of your thoughts and things and put them in a (somewhat) logical order.
    I love your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  14. hi, my name is jess, and i'm obsessed with this lovliest of november posts. kthankbye. xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome post! I love a lot of those things too! Especially C.S.Lewis - what a guy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice lists! Writing lists like these are really good because when you're feeling sad, you can pull them out and thinking about all the good things and people will cheer you right up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. So much in common. I love making lists, I love C.S. Lewis, I love french fries, I love piano (even though i don't play it which is super sad), I love cheesecake, I love it when people tell me I'm good at something I'm not (who would'nt like that?), etc. etc. etc.

    You're awesome, you know that?
    ~Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  18. You're my hero too (my sister <3)

    ReplyDelete

Sweet comments are the best thing since sliced bread. Unkind comments are the worst thing since hamsters.

But really. Comments make me happy.