Tuesday, December 25, 2012

christmastime is here

I love that they were out fixing the (cutest ever) snowman in their pjs.
Tess has been getting excited for awhile now.
me and my best friend/sister (who is officially home from quebec!) dressed up for christmas eve
I am very serious about wrapping gifts. very.

Christmastime is here, say what?  I feel like it always sneaks up on me.  Between running off to Quebec to fetch Cassie home for good, coming home to non-stop excitement like late nights and last-minute shopping and parties/gatherings and seeing the zoo wildlights and cleaning my room, and a good ol' dose of snow that may or may not be melting now, this past week has been busy in the best of ways.  Break, how I love thee.

In other news, I am deeply of the opinion that anyone who has never attended a Christmas Eve candlelight service needs to get themselves to one immediately.  Or rather, next Christmas Eve.  I just love it so much--it's seriously one of my favorite parts of the season.  Actually I just love Christmas Eve in general.  I slept in, chilled in my pjs for the majority of the day, wrapped various last minute gifts (seriously guys, I put more thought into wrapping than buying), ate our dad's traditional amazing meal (Pakistani themed this year), dressed up and headed to church, and came home to dessert and sparkling grape juice and opening the little gifts stuffed in our stockings and a (hilarious) movie with my mom and sister.  My favorite thing is how excited my little sisters get over small things.

Tomorrow my grandma comes to visit us and I'm also going to see Les Misérables (!!) in the evening with a group of friends.  Seriously that's maybe the best thing about this Christmas in my opinion, let's be honest.  Just kidding I know the best thing is Jesus, don't judge me.

And now, to bed I go in order to catch some sleep before my little sisters wake me up in excitement.  Have yourselves a merry little Christmas, my friends.

ps--guest posted here th'other day for my lovely lil jess whom I adore. she's presh.
pps--I don't even know why, but I particularly enjoyed your comments on my last post so I replied to a good number of them. you guys are the greatest. okay g'night.

14 comments:

  1. That snowman is the cutest ever. I love your "brown paper packages tied up with string" they're just "a few of my favorite things". :D

    Oh! A Christmas eve candlelight service sounds wonderful! I'd love to go to one someday.

    I love how you mentioned that you better get some sleep before your little sisters wake you up in excitement. Oh I love little children's excitement at Christmas.

    Hey! It's Christmas...exactly one minute ago. So I can officially wish you a Merry Christmas now. Merry Christmas Jenn! I hope you have a fabulous day.

    Blessings!

    -Madi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahhhh. We went to zoo lights on Sunday. It is SO gorgeous, I was going crazy with my camera! Bokeh heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Going to the Christmas Eve candlelight service at our church is one of my family's traditions :) This year I was playing in the band during the service, so it was neat to be able to see the entire sanctuary lit up from the stage :)
    Merry Christmas!
    -mal :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. jenn. i just got home from seeing les miz. it was A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. i can't even describe it's gorgeousness. you'll love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas! Our church had our candlelight service on Sunday, but it was still amazing. It honestly is one of the best parts of Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have sparkling grape juice on Christmas eve too, whaaat. kbyeseeyouinafewatlesmis.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jenn! MERRY CHRISTMAS! I hope your new year is as wonderful as you are! Les Mis. NEED TO SEE IT.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Firstly, your family is ADORABLE.
    Secondly, I am absolutely in love with your wrapping technique and may possibly just have to steal your ideas for myself.
    Thirdly, DID YOU SEE LES MIS AND WHAT DID YOU THINK OF IT! We must talk. In depth. On this subject. Short phrases. Broken with unnecessary periods. Show my extreme emphasis. I hope.
    And last but not least, MERRY MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Les Mis was the best. Ohmygoodnessgraciousness. I cried, and I never cry during movies. As soon as Hugh Jackman got tears in his eyes, I was toast. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh, this post made me laugh so much. The...snowman...I thought it was big and then the in the next picture I was like, "WHAT!?" and you with the peace sign...hilarious. And the next one after that? XD I cracked up so hard...

    OH! I love wrapping gifts. So fun. :) I see you did a fantastic job of it. *applause* Must've spent a ton of time on it.

    Hmm...Les Mis sounds interesting. I'll have to ask my friend about it who is all into filming and movies and stuff about it. :P

    Merry Christmas.
    Love,
    ~Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  11. I keep going back and comparing your little sister to you... :O

    You have a lot of siblings!
    ~Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  12. Christmas Eve services are the best...especially candlelit services.

    Yay for having Cassie home for Christmas. Love that pictures of you two, btw...you're both so gorgeous.

    Finally someone else who opens stockings on Christmas Eve.

    My family consumes a ridiculous amount of sparking cider throughout the holidays...it's the best.

    Ha! I am such a snob when it comes to wrapping :) You did a fabulous job. Brown paper is wonderfully classic.

    AND that's it for this addition of random snippets of thoughts :)

    Happy (kinda late but who cares) Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  13. .. I still haven't seen Les Mis. It's killing me to wait! You have snow -- major jelly.

    ReplyDelete
  14. ok, soooo...I am super sad that I didn't see this post in time to say merry merry merry christmas. but hey. and I literally LOVED all of these pictures and that one of you & cassie is adorable and you're both gorgeous and please come to england for next christmas and what pressies did you get and aaaaahhh my internet is being a pain in the....yeah. LOVEYOU MISSYOU and ITSNEARLY2013 SOWESHOULDMAKELOADSOFPLANS. okay.

    ReplyDelete

Sweet comments are the best thing since sliced bread. Unkind comments are the worst thing since hamsters.

But really. Comments make me happy.