Tuesday, January 22, 2013

philadelphia at christmastime

It was a ridiculously sunny day in the middle of December when we brought my sister home from Quebec and stopped in Philadelphia for a day on the way back.  It rained a little, but always while we were inside shopping or at the fabulous indoor market (it smelled like waffles and I got a dinner crepe--first one I've had since France) or seeing various historical landmarks.  It was just a girls' trip, me and my mom and sisters, staying one night with a family with an adorable little boy, spending one day roaming around the city, and seeing a show (Sight & Sound's Jonah...which has stayed with me more than I thought it would).

My shoes were soaked and my feet freezing by the end of the day, and halfway through the afternoon we decided to spend the rest of our time relaxing in Starbucks.  The light was gorgeous and oh, travelling again reminds me how much I love taking pictures of places like this.  My sisters are so dear to me--I love them to pieces.  And I love my mommy and how she has instilled in all of us a love of travelling, adventuring, seeing new places.

So here's some photos from Philadelphia at Christmastime.  Enjoy.

22 comments:

  1. oh how fun! I have always wanted to go there! y'all look like you had an awesome time:) and can I just say you are all gorgeous too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an adorable group of sisters! Especially adore the shot of you all "pushing" the ginormous boulder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness Jenn! your younger sisters look so much like you and Cassie.
    love the pictures<3
    xx Riley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this...looks like an awesome amount of fun. And as for Philly...I spent many years there commuting up for a few days ever other week. Love the city and our favorite haunts and the memories there. My dad is still in the city every few days and I think I need to talk him into taking me with him...miss the place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. p.s. So what did you think of Jonah? I absolutely loved it and am already making plans to see Noah next year :)

      Delete
    2. it was really cool. really really cool. unlike anything I've ever seen before, and like I said, even the message has stuck with me more than I thought. and the set work was AMAZING. :)

      Delete
    3. Wasn't it though? I was expecting a tiny little theater with a cheesy show and mediocre acting but just...wow. And the message? Incredible. Love the way they showed the humanity of the people of Ninivah and brought in the Gospel message...I was very close to tears :)

      Delete
  5. LOVE these! I live near Philly, so it's close to my heart (& home). You captured the charm wonderfully. :) Did you get a cheesesteak?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha nooo actually! we were going to get one, but I ended up with the crepe instead. ;)

      Delete
  6. You and your sisters are adorable :) lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We went to Philidelphia this summer! I totally recognized some of those places :)
    -mal :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. you girls are so cute!! These photos are beautiful, Jenn. Philly looks amazing! I think that I'll have to add it to my 'wishlist of place to see.' :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like loads of fun! I want to go to Philly now...also, you guys all look so much alike, it blows my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  10. you're a crazy-amazing-good photographer. and you and your sisters are super cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such awesome photos! It looks like you all had lots of fun!

    I LOVE your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lately, I have been getting the strongest urge to visit that area of the US: Philly, New York City, Boston... this post just increased that urge! :) lovely pics, Jenn!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like yo bokeh shots. True story. Alsoooo, how you so prettay!?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sweet! I especially love the macaroni and cheese statue. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. i read the first sentence and thought you and your family adopted a child. XD

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a cool place! I need to visit my friend who goes to school in Philly! Love these shots! And girl, you're gorgeous!

    http://www.meredithsledgeblog.com

    ReplyDelete

Sweet comments are the best thing since sliced bread. Unkind comments are the worst thing since hamsters.

But really. Comments make me happy.