Friday, February 15, 2013

on love and sappiness and feeling blessed


I haven't much to say, except yesterday, Valentine's Day, that cheesy pseudo-holiday that turns half the world into ridiculously frantic saps and the other half into desperate mopes, left me feeling very blessed.  I spent the evening with Cassie and two other friends (our valentines :)).  Aubrey dear is my valentine of three years.  It's a tradition.  She wrote me a card telling me how ardently she admired and loved me, no joke.  We had amazing food and watched a silly chick flick (THAT LEFT ME FEELING SAPPY WHAT IS THIS IT WAS SUCH A DUMB MOVIE) and instagrammed everything.  Someone anonymously sent Cassie a bouquet of red roses at work yesterday. She has a secret admirer.  hehe!  She has no idea who it's from.  Makes me laugh.

At my internship, there was chocolate everywhere, and one guy was talking about how he was proposing to his girlfriend that night (and showing off the ring. hehe. hehe!).  I wore a semi-ridiculous outfit just so I could wear my pink shoes.

I got home to cupcakes cooling on the stove and the house looking unnaturally clean, as my little sister is turning twelve tomorrow and there are currently 15 little girls running around the house for her party (it's not so clean anymore).  This afternoon there were big, huge snowflakes falling and the stars have been out the past few nights.  I've been falling in love all over again with the Tarzan Broadway soundtrack (it's that time of the year so I'm justified in linking you to the love song which I have been singing nonstop for the past three days).

I love my little sisters' friends.  I'm off soon to go tubing late at night.  There are times in my life when I am just overwhelmed with the people in my life that make me feel so loved.  And let me leave you with the following thought:


xo, Jenn

18 comments:

  1. I can't get over how MYSTICAL these pictures are. I love the vibe! Also? Tubing at NIGHT. That sounds SO epic.. take me next time please?

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovelovelove. This whole post, Jenn. :) i love how you put your life and recent happenings in such a humorous (and very thought-provoking!) light. ;) This is so lovely. Happy (Day after) Valentines Day! (Also, the thought Cassie's secret admirer makes me happy. No idea why. It's just cute. Okay.)

    You're such a blessing to 'know', Jenn. Seriously. :) Glad you had a lovely day! Also, NIGHT TUBING IS THE BEST EVAH. It's been a long time, but I remember how much fun it is. ;)

    xx.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Jenn! I really enjoy reading your posts. You have such a fun writing style that instantly draws me in. your words make me smile. I'm glad your valentines day was such a good day!

    Blessings!

    ~Madi

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh gosh, that last one was the best. perfection, jenn. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these photos! And may I ask what movie it was or was it too dumb? ;) Happy late Valentines! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the movie was "Valentine's Day." really, really dumb. really dumb. REALLY dumb. haha.

      Delete
    2. Ahh, I saw "New Year's Eve" but I haven't seen that one! I've heard many people say that it's stupid haha.

      Delete
  6. what is this movie that left you feeling sappy?! (i can handle any answer except the notebook or titanic. i think.)

    i'm glad you had a good v-day, love! your photos are just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was "Valentine's Day," which whether you've seen it or not, you may realize it makes absolutely NO SENSE that it left me feeling sappy. it was really dumb. but ya know. what can I say. ;)

      Delete
  7. so, i really like this. also, i miss our little chats. maybe i'll message you one of these days :)
    xx.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely! And your photos are stunning! LOVE the chimney smoke in the second photo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those photos are the very definition of mystical and entrancing! And that's an awesome take on 1 Corinthians 13.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I seriously am loving these photos:) ah, valentines day is wayyyy more fun with friends!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun V-day! I spent mine at school, eating chocolate, and opening Downton Abbey valentines from people who know I haven't seen the show but desperately want/need to. Ya know, like you do. ;D

    Ah, I *love* that last photo! Epic stuff, that text.
    hugs,
    ~bree

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha...yup. It's always the dumb movies that make you roll your eyes so hard that they hurt which leave you feeling sappy at the end!

    ReplyDelete

Sweet comments are the best thing since sliced bread. Unkind comments are the worst thing since hamsters.

But really. Comments make me happy.