Tuesday, March 26, 2013

recreating the past

Last semester, I took a photography class here at mah university.  It was a basic course--some good ol' photography history and then an introduction to shooting as well.  While a lot of it was basics that I already knew and even though it confirmed that I really don't want to go to school for photography (I don't like people telling me what to take pictures of, heh), it was also an excuse/opportunity to get out and shoot and explore photography in different ways.

This here was my final project, one I'm quite proud of (though it's way cooler to see the comparison in person...).  I've always wanted to do a project like this, where I get to recreate an older photo with the same person and as similarly as possible.  I jumped on the opportunity for this class.  From there the only problem was bribing friends to find baby pictures and let me take photos of them.  It was a lot of fun, in all reality, and the craziest thing was when people still had items from their childhood (like the dollhouse, or even still living in the same place).  I love seeing the difference growing up--from as little as three years to as many as fifty.

I really want to continue with this project at some point and create more of these.  So if I ever meet you, have a baby picture ready. ;) Thoughts or favorites?  Enjoy!


ps--didja catch my brother and sister in there?  and that last one is my mommy.  like, 20 years difference but you'd never know it.
pps--I realize I have been woefully absent in the blogging world recently.  these have been some of the most difficult weeks of my life for reasons that are too personal to display online, but I would greatly appreciate prayer.  thaaaanks.  love you guys.

15 comments:

  1. That's amazing!!! You are very talented and creative.
    I'll be praying for you this week. Just remember, God is love, and even when we run, he chases us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are a.w.e.s.o.m.e. my favorites either have to be the first one or the last one of your mom:)
    love this idea so cool:)
    I'll pray for ya girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are so cool! I like the one of the little girl in pink, with her arms behind her head. 2nd from the bottom. I've seen this on Pinterest...so neat to see it done "for real." :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cool! I'm actually taking a photography class right now and it's all the basics stuff that I already know, BUT my final project is interesting. I have to take a photo of something outside (I chose an azalea bush) for 60 days at the same time everyday so that you start to see it bloom. That should be pretty neat once I'm done with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa. This is incredible. I love the way you re-captured everything so perfectly! I'll be praying for you for sure. Hang in there :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool! I especially like the first one -- cause I totes have that dollhouse. And van. And people. And played with them SO much when I was younger. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are fantastic! Great job girly! Also, I'm praying for you wholeheartedly. <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. these are incredible, Jenn! whhooaaa. like really, amazing. :) love these! ::hugs::

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is way too cool. Gotta try it for myself sometime. And prayers are going up for you, girl. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is amazing, I love the idea...must do it sometime!!
    I'll be praying for you :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are brilliant. Love the way you not only reproduced the setting so well but also the lighting and general feel.

    Also, read this last week and have been praying for you since. Take care, Jenn. God's good, faithful and plentiful in mercy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is fantastic! Photography is wonderful, isn't it?
    ~Josie
    http://beautyinthemaking311.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Sweet comments are the best thing since sliced bread. Unkind comments are the worst thing since hamsters.

But really. Comments make me happy.