Sunday, June 9, 2013

I guess this means I made it

Hey-o.  So I graduate today and stuffs.  No big deal.

Well, on one hand it is a pretty big deal.  I'm graduating along with the biggest graduating class in the nation (that's right) thanks to being part of an online school these past few years.  Over 2000 of us, I believe.  So that's gonna be a long ceremony.  I found out a couple days ago that I won a scholarship (!!) (God is so good to me) and because I'm smart and stuff (my mommy told me so), I'm one of a select number of students that gets to sit on stage for everyone to look at.  Which also means no texting during what promises to be a tedious few hours.  Darn.  I was also asked to have a speaking role, so I'll be introducing some people during the ceremony and generally bragging on how awesome we are to have completed one of the...um...easiest phases of our lives?  Right.

And that brings me to the other hand, which is where part of me feels it's not all that big of a deal.  Because I have been taking college classes for three years, and because it is just like "cool you finished up part of your schooling, now go do more, or go get a job, or go start real life yo" when gosh darn it, I really was having a pleasant time thinking my life had already begun.

Anyway that's all pretty much beside the point.  Did I tell you guys?  I'm going to be studying theatre. Eeps!  I'm going to college in the fall, entering junior status with all my previous credits, and I'm going to be studying theatre.  I'm so excited.  I never really planned on making theatre my major, but some other things fell through and God kinda plopped it in my lap, and heck, I'm not complaining.  So I'm double-majoring in theatre and arts management, and double-minoring in photography and design.  At least that's the plan.  And yes, I'm planning on getting it all done in two years, thankyouverymuch.

<<commercial break>>
Here, have my grad video where you get to see pictures of lil baby Jenn.


<<end commercial break>>

Sooo I'd like to thank you all for your wonderful responses to my last post--I definitely wasn't expecting it and it was very sweet and encouraging and yaaay lots of good book suggestions!  I...kinda went back and replied to most of your comments (sometimes I get the urge to do that & just get carried away...erm) so you should go look.  Since I got off twitter, numerous funny, tweetable things have happened to me (go figure) that I figured I would now share with you so you may laugh at my expense.

  1. My alarm didn't go off so I woke up late and rushed off to work late and in the process unknowingly put on my shirt inside out.  This was pointed out to me by my manager.  Awkward.
  2. This kid (and I say kid rightly here because he was definitely younger than me) was in the passenger seat of a car, with his mom, in the lane next to me on the highway.  And he winked at me as I was merging.  It took every ounce of composure not to laugh uproariously.
  3. Has anyone else ever noticed that there is absolutely no possible way to have a non-awkward goodbye on the phone?
  4. I walked out of the library the other day holding Mere Christianity and two Harry Potter books and felt like either a hypocrite or a heathen.
  5. There's a girl from Australia coming to live with me for a week at the end of June/beginning of July.  Ya know.
  6. I sent Grant a video message on Skype and he told me that Jess and Damien were surprised at how nice I was to him. OH TRUST ME I CAN BE MEAN IF YOU WANT.
  7. Last Friday was "First Friday," a fun little night in the town where The Music Man production is based with live music and food and free stuff.  Our cast performed a couple of songs live as a little preview and promotion for the show three times during the course of the evening, and it was a lot of fun and ooh guys I'm so excited to see this show come together.  (Also go stalk me on instagram because I brought my little sister with me and we had fun.)
  8. My mom and little sisters are home!  It's returning the house to some sense of normalcy (and by normalcy I mean noise).

That's all.  WHEW.  Sorry guys.  You're my only social media to take this out upon anymore, and obviously I'm absolutely dependent on it.  Uhh.

ttfn, ta ta for now!
(Tigger for the win)
bye.

9 comments:

  1. Congrats on the whole grad-thing! Life's just so crazy...half the time I feel like a little kid and the other half I wake up in the morning and get so freaked out because I swear time speeds up every. single. day. And sometimes I don't even recognize myself, I'm changing so fast. :P

    Okay, that's a slight exaggeration. But you know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on graduating! I graduated last year and it's really nice to have it behind you! I don't envy you double majoring and minoring, but I'm sure you can do it! :) So after watching your grad video, I looked up the band that sang the song and I really like them. Thank you for introducing me to new music :) Also #4 is great and I may or may not have laughed aloud... and #5 is so exciting! Hope you have a great graduation and summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats! love the video too! praying for your new step in life. and you're just gorgeous by the way. all the photos of you were awesome. made me smile tons. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. congratulations Jenn!
    Loved your video. who was the lovely music by?
    xx Riley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh yeah, I should have said that! the song is "hero" by family of the year.

      Delete
  5. your slideshow made me feel like you died or something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well maybe I did, why do you think I'm disappearing off of social media now.

      Delete
  6. Ok, so I'm totally jealous of some of the plays you got to be in. :)

    But congratulations!! That is really exciting. Love the slideshow by the way (and the song). Blessings on your future, Jenn!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's so exciting! Congrats, Jenn! c:

    ReplyDelete

Sweet comments are the best thing since sliced bread. Unkind comments are the worst thing since hamsters.

But really. Comments make me happy.