Thursday, July 25, 2013

in the raw



THINGS I WISH I COULD DO:
sing
dance
draw
cry without looking like death

THINGS THAT MAKE MY DAY:
dark chocolate from the counter at work
smiles from or small interactions with strangers
when people remember my name

THINGS THAT EMBARRASS ME:
having no concept of how to use a microwave
having no concept of how to use a mop
having no concept of how to interact with guys who have girlfriends
falling half-asleep-ish at work

QUESTIONS THAT CHALLENGE ME:
how are you, really?
are you happy?
what is life?

THINGS I REMEMBER HATING WHEN GETTING INTO COSTUME:
baggy dresses
knee high tights
blush
lipstick
stage makeup in general
hairspray
...mostly just hairspray

THINGS YOU MAY LOSE WHEN FOLLOWING JESUS:
comfort
personal agenda
reputation
friends
your miiiind

MY LIFE PLANS:
do theatre forever
be a crazy old cat lady

THINGS I'M ADDICTED TO:
sandwiches
making lists
staying up late
belting in the car
having deep conversations

THINGS THAT ARE HARDER THAN I EXPECTED:
making friends
keeping friends
learning the charleston
pretending to be totally calm and chill when people talk about Les Mis

THINGS THAT MAKE ME HAPPY:
Jesus
people
theatre

THINGS THAT MAKE ME NERVOUS:
Jesus
people
theatre

THINGS THAT GIVE ME LOTS OF FEELS:
listening to music
writing
reading things I wrote awhile ago
hearing "everything"
singing "all I have is Christ"

THINGS I MISS:
being Emma
my brother
...lots of people, okay

THINGS I NEVER THOUGHT I'D LOVE SO MUCH:
driving a truck
straight theatre more than musicals
sun chips
maxi skirts

THINGS I APPRECIATE NOW MORE THAN EVER:
my sister being in the state
when my mom used to pack me lunch
grace

a few rough lists along with a lil preview of chicago.
ps--interviewed here where petie makes me sound cool. so check it. xo.

15 comments:

  1. I love this because you capture larger thoughts with little ones. You are perfectly sincere about your likes and dislikes, and because you put down that you wish you could cry without looking like death. That and the hairspray one made my day. I laughed out loud at both. Awesome blog post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read the whole post, and I love it. I love how you include everything, not just the big stuff, but also the small things that most of us don't think of. <3

    xoxo,
    Jessie

    ReplyDelete
  3. okay. whoa. so i have a blog post in my drafts folder RIGHT NOW that is exactly like this. a compilation of lists. and i nearly posted it this morning until i remembered i was posting your interview. and some of my lists are nearly exact replicas of some of yours. WHAT HOW. i kid you not. this is kinda freaking me out a lil' bit...

    okay. so i loved your one about les miz. and the hairspray. haha.
    love this post, jenn (even though i'm still weirded out a teensy bit). and yeah, love you too. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I basically love this posts. Love lists. Maxi skirts, staying up late, writing, music, "pretending to be calm and chill when people talk about Les Mis" haha, that's a hard one. I usually get really excited when people talk about it, especially if they have read the book. Seriously though, great post Jenn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. One word ohmywordloveyouroutfitsomuch.. Yep, that's about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes the less words you use the more is said... I love how this is both soft and sharp, small and uncontainable, these short words that mean so much. So many things struck a chord with my heart; made me flinch, made me smile in my tummy. ;) You have a lovely soul, Jenn.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's amazing how so little words can say so many things. Fantastic post, Jenn!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is awesome. I enjoy seeing these kinds of posts!
    chicago?! one of my favorite cities. I have been there a couple times (though I have never been able to really adventure they city like I would like, yet.:) I went to the Shedd Aquarium a couple years ago. super fun. :)

    sandwiches are awesome. best invention ever. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LIKE LISTS VERY MUCH, ESPECIALLY YOURS AND I CAN'T WAIT TO BE A CRAZY OLD CAT LADY WITH YOU

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree! The Charleston is sooo much harder than it looks! I still haven't figured it quite out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. driving a truuuuuck. yeah gurl. you're up my alley. ;) haha oh yes and guys who have girlfriends....awk status, right there.

    this is precious. I love your lists.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your life must be pretty crazy right now if you're trying to learn the Charleston, mop and pack your own lunches at the same time. You look awesome in maxi skirts, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I so loved reading this, Jenn...though I don't think you have to wish you can sing, your voice is already beautiful. :)
    xo
    p.s. oh and yeah, dark chocolate on the counter makes my day too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the lists! I have been filling up a journal lately with a lot of lists and you have inspired me of more to start.

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh, your pictures, Jenn, are just so (no pun intended, seeing your post title) incredibly raw. just beautiful. and your lists? ;) favorite. lists are my favorite things, evah, i love these.

    xox
    Mikailah

    p.s. oh, yeah, you're pretty dang cute too.

    ReplyDelete

Sweet comments are the best thing since sliced bread. Unkind comments are the worst thing since hamsters.

But really. Comments make me happy.