Thursday, September 12, 2013

Esther, Hannah, Rachael | seniors (plus cool things)


Let me introduce you to three of the best girls I know.  From left to right, Rachael, Hannah, and Esther, and darling, each and every one of them.  Hannah and Esther have been part of my "fantabulous fivesome" group (myself and four other friends) over the past many years, and they are like two peas in a pod, really closer to sisters than best friends.  Rachael is Hannah's sister, and as they were all graduating at once, I say, why not have pictures together?

Also to start off as incentive you should read all the way through this post because there's cool things at the bottom yup. (you can do it. this is not bribery. I have faith in you.)


Off we went gallivanting about the wood and down by the reservoir.  Something I find really funny: Hannah & Esther are super super close, and yet holding hands made them super super uncomfortable.  It was absolutely hilarious.  They did it for about a minute and then were like, "no. no we don't do this." ahaha.


Esther has cool sunglasses (and she knows it).


If you knew Hannah, you'd know that one of the first words that comes to mind upon hearing her name is joy.  Hannah is full of life and love for her Jesus and for people around her.  Her heart is as big as her smile and her laugh is one of the best sounds ever.


Esther is hands-down one of the classiest people I know.  She is driven and she is caring and she always has your back.  She's really deep and is someone you can trust and pick up with right where you left off, no matter how long it's been.  


Rachael is an absolute sweetheart.  She gives the best hugs and is ready with a smile for anyone, and you seriously can't help but laugh with her when she does.  Also, the love she and Hannah have for each other is just so so sweet to see.


Love these girls a lot.  (Also they have good senses of style, amen.)  Also you wanna know a good feeling?  Going to a grad party and seeing your photos printed out and in everyone's hands.  Yeeeah, that's a good feeling.

In other news, those cool things!  First off, school is school but guys I'm studying theatre and I love it so much.  Seriously, I walk out of my theatre classes and I can't help but smile because we talk about nerdy theatre stuff and it's just what I love.  So I'm soaking that all up and trying not to drown in homework and focus on the fact that somehow God was nice enough to me to let me do what I love best.

Secondly, and if you follow me on any other social media you may know this, but guyyyyys I'm in a theatrical production of Les Mis√©rables. (!!)  I auditioned last week (where ahem I sang better than I've ever sung in my life before or since) and got called back (seriously guys getting called back for Les Mis is going on my resume) and got to sing Cosette really badly (too high for my range) and found out the next day I was cast (as women's chorus, so...lovely lady, worker, townsperson...with a few solo lines!) and we had our first rehearsal the day after that and wow this cast is so talented and I'm so flippin' excited.  This is like a major life dream being fulfilled. wowow.

So that's the most exciting thing in my life right now.  Welcome to rehearsals four times a week and no social life, Jenn.  If I start to complain, remind me that I asked for this, okay?

xo, meeee

16 comments:

  1. I love looking at your pictures! You are so talented with a camera! And congrats on the production. How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on making it into the Les Mis production! :D That must be very exciting.

    Lovely pics, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Esther and Hannah!!!! Ahhhhh I miss those girls. And you. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, these just make me really happy, Jenn. :) they are so fun, and full of life, and they all have the sweetest smiles, and a ridiculously awesome sense of style.

    AND OH MY GOSH EEEEEEEEEEEE! SO EXCITED FOR YOU! that is so exciting! congrats, girl!! literally smiling so big. you will be incredible. ;)

    ::hugs::
    Mikailah
    www.maid4him.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these images and the way you talk about your friends. AND SHEESH OMG YAY YOU'RE GOING TO BE IN LES MIS! Invite me! :D Congratulations Jenn!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful pictures! (as always)

    you're in Les Mis!! that's amazing!! Jenn, I'm so jealous.
    Alrighty, you have to take gazillions of pictures and have a whole post about the show, okay?

    xx Riley

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the photos!

    Someday I'm going to have to watch + read Les Mis .... I know, I know. ;) But that's really exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww, beautiful pictures!!!

    Les Mis.... oh my goodness, that's so exciting! I happened to be listening (actually, watching a Christian high school's performance of it on youtube) today and was just thinking how much fun it would be to be in it! Haha, Cosette. Would love to play her but I'm in the same situation.. too high for my range. But congrats on getting in!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. They're all so beautiful and you captured them beautifully! I'm always in awe of your photography, girl. GOod job!

    ALSO. CONGRATS ON LES MIS. I'm so incredibly excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The photos were so, so beautiful...loved them. :)

    And OH MY FLIPPIN' GOSH, YOU'RE IN LES MIS.

    Well, I just knew it. :D

    Hey, I'm coming over to the US to see you in it, k?! Save me a ticket. ;P

    ReplyDelete
  11. YOU'RE IN LES MIS WHAAAAAAT. oh my goodness, i'm so crazy excited for you, jenn!!!! :D what an opportunity for you! save me a seat and i'll come see ya, okay? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. First off, you have pretty friends. And I agree, they all have a very good taste in fashion!

    Second, these pictures are wonderful. Like, you just keep getting better and better.

    Third: LES MIS?! AHHH! Congrats, I'm so excited for you! That's seriously so great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Rachel seriously looks the main character from October baby...whose real name is Rachel. Hmmm...

    Les Mis!?! That is so exciting. A family that I have known for quite a few years is really big into theatre. The whole family got cast to play various parts in our local Les Mis production (they're just that awesome...like you). and since we are such good friends, he secured us four tickets....paid for! I mean like DUDE! //so happy//
    It's not what you know, it's who you know, amen?

    ReplyDelete
  14. ok, so here is my obligatory comment. here it is. am I done now? can I go? hahaha. SUCH BEAUTIFUL PICTURES AND SUCH BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE. and hehehe have fun being a looooovely laaaddy. haha sorry couldn't help myself. I LOVE YOU BUNCHES WOMAN.

    ReplyDelete
  15. your photography rocks as always and i totally want you to do my senior portraits but i'm on the other side of the world so gahhh.

    i've nominated you for the versatile blogger award here: http://a-flyleaf.blogspot.sg/2013/09/blog-award-and-cool-stuff-like-that.html

    keep on sharing the love ♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, your pics are great! I so enjoy reading your blog and feasting my eyes on all the pictures!

    I've awarded you the Elegant Blogger Award:
    http://janasfaith.blogspot.com/2013/09/elegant-blogger-award.html

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

Sweet comments are the best thing since sliced bread. Unkind comments are the worst thing since hamsters.

But really. Comments make me happy.