Wednesday, September 25, 2013

morning in strasbourg


on our busy mornings in strasbourg, when we'd be hurrying out into town to go to the market or catch the train, things were boisterous and chaotic as we'd pack our lunches into the backpack and decide which shoes would be best for walking that day.  not this morning, though.  the quiet mornings, they were my favorite, I think.  usually Grant and Malik would run early to get a fresh baguette from the boulangerie, and maybe a couple croissants or some pain au chocolat.  we'd eat with the morning sunlight pouring in the window.  Lori usually left the newspaper on the table, and my mom would often scour the map as we planned our day.  Grant and I would maybe play a game of jungle speed (couldn't go a day without it there, you know), and I would journal, like I did every day.

they were good mornings, those slow ones in strasbourg.  I miss them.

8 comments:

  1. this post make me want to go to France. PSYCH, I always want to go to France. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. serene and lovely.
    sounds absolutely wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness. magical. absolutely magical, Jenn. these are perfect; i need to go to France. being a LeFevre, it should be law. ;) xx.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These pictures are only nothing short of amazing. Take me there.
    Especially adore the first shot.. out the window.. ah, I'm drooling. Gotta wipe that drool off.

    ReplyDelete
  5. incroyable, faut voir plus de photos! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Slow mornings are good. I had one this morning...breakfast at 11:30, tea outside on the front porch in the sunshine with two of my favourite people...it was so good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ah, so beautiful, jen. quiet and cozy and perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. completely beautiful. and your photography is just perfect! :)

    musit-andlittlemoments.blogspot.sg

    ReplyDelete

Sweet comments are the best thing since sliced bread. Unkind comments are the worst thing since hamsters.

But really. Comments make me happy.