Monday, March 10, 2014

cut out all the ropes and let me fall

(because my sister often talks me into selfies and I love her)

hello friends!
happy march and happy daylight savings and happy monday and all those obligatory greetings since I have been absent for longer than usual and there is an abnormal amount of things to catch up on.

honestly this is more of a transition, I-need-to-post-something-while-still-processing-all-of-the-other-somethings-that-have-been-going-on post, but also also also it's a very special thing to me.  see, exactly a year ago (as of saturday) was the first time I (very nervously) played this song in public.  I've been half wanting and half not wanting to record it for a long time, and while this one definitely is not perfect, I finally caved and put it up.  nothing that hasn't been done before.  just a little hats-off to the first real time I sang by myself in front of people.  crazy what difference a year can make.

anyway, I'd really really love your thoughts on it.  yeah?



besides that, wow wow wow so much has been going on. I might vlog soon because I like telling stories in person more than writing them and a little chat sounds nice, doesn't it?  we'll see.  God is doing cool things, and life is weird and crazy and exciting.

brb squealing at the thought of spring.

8 comments:

  1. Jenn! This post made me happy. And my goodness you play the piano and sing beautifully. No joke. Your voice is so pretty! ^_^ and spring! Yes. *happydance. :)

    Blessings!

    -Madi

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful. I love your voice sosososo much, and your piano playing? Gorgeous. I'm so glad you sang in front of people a year ago so that now we can enjoy hearing you via videos. *smile*

    Hugs,
    Emily.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this post is great and you are super gifted...like honestly, very very gifted.
    xoxo
    rainbows and dreams

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Girl, you've got talent. ;) Thanks for another great post!

    Sarah
    sarah-grace-photography.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well...thoughts? I have many, but I will say, I can totally hear that little bit of musical theatre sneaking into your voice...which I absolutely love, for reasons untold. Keep singing, keep playing, and you will go far friend.

    P.S. the low C key on your piano seems to be a touch flat...

    ReplyDelete
  6. your faces are totes adorbs and your voice is supes amazing and everything you said was omg awesome wuuuuut. also lets skype soon mmkay?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I realized I'd never commented on this, so here I am, finally: I absolutely love it. and you're beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Sweet comments are the best thing since sliced bread. Unkind comments are the worst thing since hamsters.

But really. Comments make me happy.