Tuesday, April 8, 2014

A Little Princess


Something that makes me happier than you know has been, during the past couple of months, passing my love of theatre onto my little sisters.  I had the incredible opportunity to direct my first show, a children's production of A Little Princess.  Tess was the lead and Brooke was a supporting character, and I could not be more proud of them.  For myself, it's amazing to see the doors that God opened and closed in order for me to be a part of this show.  The fact that it worked out even with my excessive taking-off-and-being-in-different-states lifestyle of the moment was such a blessing.

An observation: if you think tech week is exhausting as an actor, try being a director.  As an actor you go to long rehearsals and then go home and sleep.  As a director you go to long rehearsals and then go home and work more on things that need to be completed before the show.  Dang, it was a crazy week.

A realization: even just being the assistant director and giving the little turn-off-your-cell-phones talk at the beginning of the show made me really, really miss being onstage.  I absolutely love what I'm doing right now (hello, three weeks in Oklahoma and Texas!), but part of me can't wait to get home and throw myself into another show.

Love my little princesses.

6 comments:

  1. Oh! This looks like so much fun! I've always wanted to be an actress in a show, but so far I'm in the pit at musicals. (There is apparently a need for violas and violins. And I play both) but it's still great fun. You definitely captured the perfect moments. They're all so very beautiful!

    xo, rn
    www.rachelnicoleblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too precious for words! Love it! I wish so much I could have seen it, but it's nice to at least see the pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, this is absolutely wonderful, so fun, amazing, and precious.
    Ah I so wish from my heart of hearts that I could have been there to see the play. And you directed it?! My golly goodness. Yes, I'm sure it was amazing. What a full, blessed year you're having. Love to get a little peek into your world.

    P.S. Your little sister looked like she was absolutely perfect for the role. And oh goodness...all the cute little princesses. Love it. ^_^ <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO MUCH CUTENESS. so happy that it went well, my jenn de la creme! they all look totes adorbs in their lil costumes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sooo cute! Also, your sisters look like mini-yous. Double take/triple take there.

    Whereabouts in in my home state of Texas are you going to be??? We should, like, meet or something. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your sister is a mini you ALL the way!!

    ReplyDelete

Sweet comments are the best thing since sliced bread. Unkind comments are the worst thing since hamsters.

But really. Comments make me happy.