Wednesday, May 28, 2014

people watching / soul searching


People-watching. Airports, museums, coffeeshops, markets, hostels, street corners, restaurants, parks, beaches, theatres, sidewalks, markets, living rooms. People are so fascinating to me.  Each one with individual stories.  Battles and struggles deep in their hearts, untold stories and open pages, joys and pains and loves.  Likes and dislikes, intricacies of personalities and emotions, seeing their faces as they observe and interact and absorb and listen and emote and laugh and relate.  How they interact with friends, how they interact with strangers.  Not just humans.  Souls.

10 comments:

  1. I. LOVE. THIS. People watching is one of my absolute favorite things to do. For all of those reasons above.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, great words and photographs Jenn. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ride the bus a lot, and there's nothing more frustrating than having to listen to a little snippet, a couple of pages of someone's life, and then having to exit at your stop and never know how their story will end.

    in other words, I love it too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh, yes, i so agree!

      loved this post, jenn, you have such talent.

      Delete
  4. yes, yes, yes.
    (also, now i'm craving a good cup of coffee. ugh.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. People watching is the best. and I like it so much it's probably creepy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally agree. I love watching people, knowing that they are a complex, real live living soul that has a story, hopes, and dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that every time you post something, Jenn, I'm pretty much feeling the same exact way lately. I know completely what you mean about people-watching, and I was just in an airport this morning witnessing a beautiful goodbye between a father and his young son.

    But anyway, thank you so much for your honest words and open heart.
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete

Sweet comments are the best thing since sliced bread. Unkind comments are the worst thing since hamsters.

But really. Comments make me happy.