Tuesday, June 10, 2014

live love


It's rare to meet a kind of person who exudes not only a joy for being alive, but a love for the people in their life, whether they play a great role in it or not.  Rarer still to meet two such people--but then again, I am a firm believer that this rare instance would only occur in Oklahoma.  (hiIloveOklahoma)

Y'all haven't even heard about the rest of the few fun and full days I had with Petie back in April, but we had a grand old time.  Petie is darling.  She is excited and ready and anticipatory when it comes to what life has in store for her.  She is innocent, not in an inexperienced way, but in a way that makes her sweet and caring.  She's ready to crack a joke (or turn your own jokes back on you) at any minute, ready with a laugh or that beautiful smile of hers.  And perhaps the best and biggest thing, and one that Petie will tell you herself, is that she loves people.  Is fascinated by them.  Could probably people-watch for hours.  Wants to be your friend, to know you, to learn what you're about.  She lives that kind of love to those around her.

After much accidental miscommunication, Petie and I were able to spend an afternoon with Ellie in Guthrie.  Guthrie is adorable, but let's talk about how Ellie is adorable.  Ellie is vivacious and confident and ambitious and precious.  She will go to great lengths to do what she knows she is called to do, and she seeks out adventure and living life to the fullest.  She draws people to her with her outgoing personality, but she is caring and deep and wise as well.  She's easy-going.  Spontaneous.  Sarcastic but also kind.  Is good at bringing people together, and at just being a friend.  She lives that kind of love to those around her.

So much of life is centered around our call to love the people placed in our lives, and spending that one quick but sweet afternoon with these two ladies was refreshing and just plain fun.  It's amazing the conversations you can have with people you've known in person for a few hours when living love is the focus--not even consciously--of the way you want to live your life.  And I love these two girls dearly for it.

9 comments:

  1. Ahhh, those pictures with Ellie standing in front of that blue wall are soooo stunning! You're all so beautiful! And when bloggers meet other bloggers, it makes me inordinately happy/jealous. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These shots are beautiful. Beautiful people. Beautiful souls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are all SUCH babes; these photos are gorgeous; and I adore this post. basically, too much goodness wrapped in to a post! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still think about that day with you and Ellie and I'm all, oh my goodness I can't believe that actually happened and oh my wordy you two just inspire me so much and I love you to pieces. it's impossible to summarize everything I learned that day from you ladies and how much I didn't want it to end. I crazy love how you worded it: "living love is the focus." loooove you, Jenn. Let's do this again sometime, k?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ughhh you all just stop being so cute. love this post -- when bloggers meet bloggers it's the best.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Friends are the best est estest.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Jennoelle. So good to know you through your profile on the blogger. I am also glad to stop by your blog " Original ORIGINALITY" and the post on it " Live Love". Those are beautiful pictures. I am so glad to know that you love the Lord Jesus and that is the reason why I want to share more then just a comment on your blog post. I am in the Pastoral ministry for last 35yrs in the great city of Mumbai a city with great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reach out to the poorst of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the broken hearted. We also encourage young people like you as well as adults from the West to come to Mumbai on a short/ long term missions trip to work with us in the slums of MUMBAI during your summer/ Christmas vacation. We would love to have you come to Mumbai with your friends on a short/ long term missions trip to work with us during your summer/ Christmas vacation. I am sure you will have a life changing experience. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede. Looking forward to hear from you very soon

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an excellent reminder to be intentional with our friendships!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Jenn! I'm new to your blog and really love it. I've tagged you at my blog: bethcreative.blogspot.com. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Sweet comments are the best thing since sliced bread. Unkind comments are the worst thing since hamsters.

But really. Comments make me happy.