Friday, June 6, 2014

parenthetical


good people of america! (and other places. because america is overrated.) (jk I love america. but I love other places too.) (I just don't believe in favoritism?) (this got off to an awkward start.)

GOOD PEOPLE OF THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD. (extraterrestrials too if you're out there don't want to exclude y'all hi.) (also bad people should I be saying hi to you too or...?)

ahem. one of those weeks...

as many of you may or may not know, one of the excuses reasons for my deplorable lack of presence on this here blog is that I've actually not been home since the 3rd of May. in all fairness, I haven't legitimately been home--for sure, for good home--since the 30th of March (but there was an awkward rushed week somewhere at the end of April if you wanna count that, fine). where have I been all that ridiculously long amount of time? hm, wish I could remember...

the short answer is: a lot of places. the long answer you'll probably get over the course of a few blog posts, depending on how responsible of a blogger I decide to be. you see, I've been on a month-plus long roadtrip with my brother and sister up the pacific coast since the beginning of May. yeah. yeah. it's been crazy and fun and weird and great and fantastic. we've seen so many things and met so many people and been so many places that my mind is swimming just to keep track of it all. seriously a once-in-a-lifetime trip.

probably the strangest thing is that it's coming to an end. I get back home--for sure, for good home--Sunday and I'm a bit apprehensive to slip back into "normal" life. (what is normal?) it's hard when some of your best friends are now scattered across the country. but at the same time, I am so excited to dive back into my city, my work, my community there. it's been so long. I'm excited to invest in my connections, my events, my people. I'm excited not to live out of a suitcase... yeah. it'll be good to be home.

so yes. there are much and many things to be told, stories and adventures and such craziness. until then, have some pictures (from CO and NM and a wee bit of AZ, the first leg of our trip). can't wait.

8 comments:

  1. you have no clue HOW jealous i was of your trip. i've been faithfully following your instagram always looking for new pictures from you ;) looks like it was an incredibly blast!! can't wait to see the pictures xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. THESE PICTURES ARE JUST AWESOME HOW ARE YOU SO TALENTED

    jenn, you always make me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am actually craving a road trip so ridiculously badly right now. ;) also gorgeoussss pics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok. this makes me wanna go roadtrippin' with my siblings . . . except I don't know if my parents would go for it. I just got my license and I'm the oldest. anyway.

    the pics are great as always, and the last is my fave.

    ReplyDelete
  5. one day I'm gonna take a roadtrip and use yours as a guide. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously, you're the coolest. Stop it. And your pictures are amaaaazzing! I was in NM for the past few semesters of school, and I can say yup, that's it! And you'd better keep us updated! I want to hear more about those fantastical (it's a word) adventures!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. HOW WHERE YOU IN COLORADO AND I DIDN'T KNOW IT?!?!
    what part where you in? i can't wait to see the rest of your adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. lol, grant's poses. what a dingbat XD ahhhh it looks like you had such a wonderful tiiiimmmme!! can't wait to hear all about it! we need to skype soon, mmkay?

    ReplyDelete

Sweet comments are the best thing since sliced bread. Unkind comments are the worst thing since hamsters.

But really. Comments make me happy.